Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a Skunk Ape, but I just can't decide on the size. I'm thinking about either 161, 165, or 169. Leaning more towards the 165, but I wanted to see what other people thought.

My stats:

6'1"
250lbs
sz 12 boots

Basically I want something that'll give me lots of float on pow, but not feel sluggish on the groomers. So any opinions on what size I should go with?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The 161 will feel more responsive to you on the groomers, but the 165 should float better in pow. You're gonna have to pick which one is more important to you. Personally, I'd go with the 161, since every board will float at least a little if you know how to ride it.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
I'd go 165. I'm 2" shorter than you and quite a bit lighter and my powder stick is a 164 and it's not too bad for me to throw around. I've been on a 169 and that was a completely different story.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thinking about getting a Skunk Ape, but I just can't decide on the size. I'm thinking about either 161, 165, or 169. Leaning more towards the 165, but I wanted to see what other people thought.

My stats:

6'1"
250lbs
sz 12 boots

Basically I want something that'll give me lots of float on pow, but not feel sluggish on the groomers. So any opinions on what size I should go with?
Not sure on your experience level or comfot level, but im 6ft,215 and size 13 and ride a 157 wide version of this board. LOVE it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts