Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently picked up a Burton Joystick 2013 Wide at a bargain price.

I've had it sitting on my table for a month, counting the days until December, but it looks sort of flat compared to all other V rockers that I've come across.

Here's a clip from YouTube of a guy reviewing a Joystick (non wide) and you can instantly tell it's a V rocker.

Here are 2 terrible photos of my board which clearly show it completely flat right up until the tails.

Is this a manufacturing fault, or can a V rocker be completely flat up to the tails? I didn't think a lot of it until I saw the above review of the same board with a noticeable rocker.

I took the board back to the shop I bought it from and they've sent it off to Burton to look at, but interesting to know what you guys think.

Any comment or opinions appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Hi,

You are correct to be concerned, and no, that is not what V rocker looks like. Checking mode now: is it possible that your table is not flat? We get that on our wood workstations. If that is not the issue I would check with the seller. Was the board purchased new?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

You are correct to be concerned, and no, that is not what V rocker looks like. Checking mode now: is it possible that your table is not flat? We get that on our wood workstations. If that is not the issue I would check with the seller. Was the board purchased new?

Hi

I've tried it on that table, a granite floor and the desk in the shop, you could use it as a ruler, there is no 'rock' at all. Even my old K2 WWW looks like semi circle compared to this.

It was purchased new from snowandrock.com. Saying that, it had a slight bit of damage to the nose, wasn't in plastic wrapping, and was missing the female channel bolts that are usually stuck to the board in a wrapper pretty well. Which is making me think this board has been returned in the past, probably for the same reason. Personally I consider Snow & Rock a pretty honest company, so I'd like to think this is not the case. They were more than happy to send it off to Burton for me.

To me it seems odd that it could be missing the rocker. As far as I'm aware, boards are shaped in 1 press that does the camber and the tails are in one, so seems odd that it could be missing it's shape and not the tails. Have you come across anything like this before??

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Hi

I've tried it on that table, a granite floor and the desk in the shop, you could use it as a ruler, there is no 'rock' at all. Even my old K2 WWW looks like semi circle compared to this.

It was purchased new from snowandrock.com. Saying that, it had a slight bit of damage to the nose, wasn't in plastic wrapping, and was missing the female channel bolts that are usually stuck to the board in a wrapper pretty well. Which is making me think this board has been returned in the past, probably for the same reason. Personally I consider Snow & Rock a pretty honest company, so I'd like to think this is not the case. They were more than happy to send it off to Burton for me.

To me it seems odd that it could be missing the rocker. As far as I'm aware, boards are shaped in 1 press that does the camber and the tails are in one, so seems odd that it could be missing it's shape and not the tails. Have you come across anything like this before??
Over the past 20 years we have seen some bizarre stuff :). Topsheets run with incorrect profiles, etc. Storing in too large of stacks can also damage profile's, but it will not typically flatten a board completely. I would not assume any foul play, likely just an honest error. You should inquire, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's a prototype with p-rocker profile flat bt bindings n rocker at the ends?
It's marketed as a V Rocker so I'd expect it to have at least some V rocker going.

Although there's a chance that in the screenshot I supplied, the guys table isn't perfectly flat, but it's definitely along the lines if what I'd expect.

Hopefully I won't be waiting too long to hear back from Burton!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts