Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I recently bought some wax and was wondering if it is OK to leave it out of it's package on my waxing bench? Like does it have to be in its original package or some sort of package (Ziploc bag?) so it doesn't dry out? Or is it fine just laying on the table exposed to the air?

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Hello

I recently bought some wax and was wondering if it is OK to leave it out of it's package on my waxing bench? Like does it have to be in its original package or some sort of package (Ziploc bag?) so it doesn't dry out? Or is it fine just laying on the table exposed to the air?
Remember: You're going to take this stuff and melt it with an iron, then scrape 95% of it off your board. The thin layer that's left will be exposed to air, rock, ice, snow and occasionally tundra wookies.

It's okay. :D

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
If you just have conventional wax that's fine.

If you have the fast shit with unicorn jizz you havta keep it on lockdown.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^do you mean the stuff with fluoride additive? I have Burton's all temp stuff that has a bit of fluorine added...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The only reason that I put my wax in a plastic bag is to keep it from picking up all the sawdust, metal filings and other shit that seems to grow on my work bench.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I keep my wax in a mini fridge kept just below 32 degrees. I also have a lock on it because quite frankly, I don't trust my room mates.

To each their own.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I keep my wax in a zip lock bag and the scraper, brush, edeg tuner and iron all together in a canvas bag. That way I don't misplace anything. Protect myself from myself. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts