Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I think I have decided to get some Now Drives and have found a place that still has a couple large pairs in stock. I have a quick question to anyone that owns these bindings. My boots are Ride Tridents with a BOA on each side (three BOAs total including the front). It looks like the highback wrap around a bit at the top when I look at pictures of the bindings. Does anyone know if this will interfere or touch the BOAs on the sides? With some bindings this can be an issue. Any feedback is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Back in I think 2017 I had both Ride Insanos and Fuses in Now Drives with no issues but I do remember thinking it looked kinda tight. Never had a boa pop because of it, also their fit may have changed since then I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to buy a used Burton Board but can not find it anyway. Can someone please tell me the worth of the board. It saids Burton Gap 58 then superfly 2 core. Also has bindings they are union contact magnesium. Please can someone give me a price. Its used but in great condition.Thank you..

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hmm... I have Tridents and multiple models of Nows but never had a chance to pair them. I used the Tridents nearly exclusively with Flows. Now bindings were paired with Burton Ion boas or Adidas Accera 3ST ADV with no interference whatsoever.

I bench paired the Trident with my Nows and here's what I found/think. For reference, my boot size is US 8 and binding size is M. My angles range from +21/-9 to +27/+9.

Drive: Very tight, almost touching. Might interfere under twisting load. Dicey.
O-drive: 10 mm clearance, no issue.
Recon(older highback): Interference from the sharp carbon edge of the highback. Fail.
Pilot: 10+ mm clearance, no issue.
Brigade: 10+ mm clearance, no issue.

Probably more info than was needed lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm... I have Tridents and multiple models of Nows but never had a chance to pair them. I used the Tridents nearly exclusively with Flows. Now bindings were paired with Burton Ion boas or Adidas Accera 3ST ADV with no interference whatsoever.

I bench paired the Trident with my Nows and here's what I found/think. For reference, my boot size is US 8 and binding size is M. My angles range from +21/-9 to +27/+9.

Recon(older highback): Interference from the sharp carbon edge of the highback. Fail.

Thanks that is helpful, appreciate it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It looks like my best option is the Jones mercury. I was set on the drives but that BOA touching the highback is a deal killer. I also looking at the o-drive but am not a fan of overly stiff highback digging into my calf's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It looks like my best option is the Jones mercury. I was set on the drives but that BOA touching the highback is a deal killer. I also looking at the o-drive but am not a fan of overly stiff highback digging into my calf's.
I would imagine the Mercury bindings would interfere more with your dial. The highback shape has a lateral wing which would be even closer to the BOA dial.

I never owned Tridents, but my old pair of Focus BOA boots worked fine on Drives.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I never owned Tridents, but my old pair of Focus BOA boots worked fine on Drives.
Like I said, my Ion boas and Adidas Accera boas had zero issues with Drives.

O-drive isn't as death-planky stiff as it seems. For me the Recon was, which has been discontinued. O-drive is pretty comfortable yet responsive. Not sure about calf dig, I never felt it but if you did, I guess its a deal breaker.

Another option you might consider is the Ride C-10. Plenty responsive and perfectly matched with the Trident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts