Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have always had pain when i go snowboarding...specifically in my toes.
I recently purchased a brand new setup (boards,bindings) and im using my boots that i bought last year

i am at copper mountain right now and i just got done for the day. my toes have never hurt this bad. there was alot of pow so i was digging in alot...plus i am wondering if maybe the pain is because of my bindings not being broken in.

i have the typical boot with insert an its made by 32 (sorry i dont know the specific name).im a size 9 show and my boots are a heat fitted 8 (the guy at my local snowshop recommended this)..i was wondering if anyone can give me any tips to make these next few days a little less painful

(sorry this post is a little vague..but any feedback will be appreciated)

·
Registered
248 Posts
When's the last time you trimmed your toenails???

Worst toe pain I ever had was when the toenails got long and the pressure of them being pushed into the toe of the boot really made them hurt especially the big toe it even caused it to turn black... it sounds silly but its legit and a cheap easy solution thats worth a shot...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do the boots hurt only when your riding or is even walking around in them painful???

I think a size 8 mold for a size 9 foot might be pushing it a bit and you may want to get them remolded to fit your feet...

You can try riding with a looser toe strap and fiddle with your liner laces to take pressure off your toes if possible.. One reason I prefer the traditional lacing systems over the Boa or Speed lace systems...

Lastly if all else fails you can always buy new boots or rent just to get you through your trip without toe pain...

Good luck either way nothing worse than sore feet...

·
Resident Snowman
609 Posts
Depending on the type of boots, and you could try not doing the lower section up as tight. This year I noticed some toe pain with my same boots from last year. They had broken in a bit and I was doing the lower section up tighter without really noticing it.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
you need some room for your toes, damn..for comfort and circulation

personally i ride with enough room to wiggle my toes easily, but the inner laces and outer lace good and snug at the ankle and up..warms feets, no pains

dont let this ruin your vacation...if i were you i'd rent some boots for tomorrow, not too tight, but well cinched..could be your feet just arent broken in if you dont ride alot

just my .02

·
Registered
142 Posts
That sounds like you have boots that are too small. Your toes should at most slightly be touching the liner, when you are strapped in.

Thin socks and footbeds with good arch support can help a little.

Make sure your boots are very tight at the ankle/upper part. Mount your ankle straps at the highest mounting holes.

When you are doing long heel-side traverses, frequently do a brief switch to the toeside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts