Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem on rails is i feel like I'm too tense on them. I can't really feel it on the rail because I'm in the moment I guess, but I can't do the tricks I want to because I feel like I'm tense on it. I can 50-50 very well, I can front lip, and thats about it. I'm trying to learn backboards and frontboards, but on my backboards I never really get on the rail, I slip off to the side very quick, but I feel with practice that will go away. My problem is with rotating. I can't seem to turn my shoulders on 180 outs, and I land skeeetchyyyyyy on them. Maybe this is the problem with my frontboards, because I always seem to feeble/50-50 and then slide off. My friend always tells me I look tense and that I should relax and be chill. Is there some trick to help or does this just come with practice?:dunno:

·
Registered
22 Posts
My problem on rails is i feel like I'm too tense on them. I can't really feel it on the rail because I'm in the moment I guess, but I can't do the tricks I want to because I feel like I'm tense on it. I can 50-50 very well, I can front lip, and thats about it. I'm trying to learn backboards and frontboards, but on my backboards I never really get on the rail, I slip off to the side very quick, but I feel with practice that will go away. My problem is with rotating. I can't seem to turn my shoulders on 180 outs, and I land skeeetchyyyyyy on them. Maybe this is the problem with my frontboards, because I always seem to feeble/50-50 and then slide off. My friend always tells me I look tense and that I should relax and be chill. Is there some trick to help or does this just come with practice?:dunno:
Im having the same problem! rotating seems very hard to me, and I think its just practice. For me when im riding a rail and I feel tense I just try to realzie that i am confident in my ability and that if I fall that I will be fine!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts