Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading out to whistler in 2 weeks. Saw the weather forecast and it showed rain pretty much every day with temps of 5C... is this gonna be a crappy ass trip? Or will there be good snow higher up on the hills? First time going so not too sure what to expect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... how accurate is that site? It's saying theres so much snow in the forecast but when I look at the whistler website, their estiamtes of how much new snow theres been is pretty far off.

Can anyone who's been to whistler in last few days comment on the snow quality?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Was there on monday. Whatever I say it was like has no bearing on what it'll be like when you are there.

Yes they have a good base

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hmmm... how accurate is that site? It's saying theres so much snow in the forecast but when I look at the whistler website, their estiamtes of how much new snow theres been is pretty far off.
Can anyone who's been to whistler in last few days comment on the snow quality?
It's probably the most widely used snow forecast site, but it's not very accurate at all.
Both temp & precip forecasts are usually way off... however if they are forecasting some snow, then there probably will be some snow... just don't pay attention to their numbers.

·
Super Moderator
5,768 Posts
It's probably the most widely used snow forecast site, but it's not very accurate at all.
Both temp & precip forecasts are usually way off... however if they are forecasting some snow, then there probably will be some snow... just don't pay attention to their numbers.
I find they're not too bad in the broad strokes. Like if they say the freezing level's going up to 2000m on friday, generally the freezing level will go up to something between 1500 and 2500, sometime between thursday and saturday. It's good for getting an idea if the upcoming weekend has to be kept clear of commitments or not.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I find they're not too bad in the broad strokes. Like if they say the freezing level's going up to 2000m on friday, generally the freezing level will go up to something between 1500 and 2500, sometime between thursday and saturday. It's good for getting an idea if the upcoming weekend has to be kept clear of commitments or not.
Exactly... a 1000m variance? might was well say "we have no idea what the freezing level is going to be so just guess"

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm actually thinking of going next week as a last minute trip. They've been getting a ton of snow but the current warm front I'm sure messing things up all over the place. When I check weather underground...

Weather Forecast Whistler, British Columbia | Whistler Weather | Wunderground

Looks like there will be rain here and there though I would imagine if temps are low enough that the rain will be snow at mid / peak. What do you guys think? Would you go?

·
Super Moderator
5,768 Posts
Looks like there will be rain here and there though I would imagine if temps are low enough that the rain will be snow at mid / peak. What do you guys think? Would you go?
I am going. Next week. PM me if you feel like getting together for a few runs.

Anyway, why Whistler? Go somewhere nice instead :cheeky4:
Grrrrrr....

·
Super Moderator
5,768 Posts
Just got back from Whistler today. OMG is all I have to say. :D
Now THAT'S what I want to hear!! :)

We found a place to kennel basement dog, btw. I was worried about her pining for a week, now having seen what they offer I'm worried about her biting me when I try to take her home :laugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Andy_D, how was the Pro-Ride camp....I have been looking into the camp for awhile just havent pulled the trigger yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts