Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this year I am looking to hit Japan for some Vacation snowboarding.

I'd like to pick up a bigger mountain board with some setback. Something I can bomb with as I already have a pretty great twin with the TRS.

I was looking at the Ultralight (sweet), but I think I'm going to settle on the Raptor X for the massive cost difference.

Now I'm torn. I'm 185-190lbs, size 12 boots, 6'3" tall.

Should I size down to the 161 or size up to the 165. It seems to me like the 165 is more likely to be stable for what I want (bombing/pow) but I've never had a board that wide... (268).

Leaning towards the 165 - mistake or overthinking?

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Personally I would go with the larger board. Size 12 boots American? I would stick with wide. Even if you are an 11 In US sizes. You can handle it.

The 161 would be fine though. If you think you are going to ride more tight technical terrain I would go with the 161. It is just a little easier to swing around in those tight spots. If you are going to more in alpine style terrain, or comfortable trees then go larger and get the extra surface.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not even close to as tall as you and don't need wide, but am clearing 200 lbs and rocking a 159 Raptor. Plenty of stability and dampness at that length for speed and crud, while still allowing you to get nimble in trees and more technical stuff. I don't think a 161 would be a problem for you at at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts