Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you got rocker-camber-rocker hybrid shapes and so on. but is there any cfc? like from capita? camber-flat-camber hybrid. :/ ?

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
There's many camber-flat-camber hybrids. The Angry Snowboarder likes to refer to that profile as 'Camber 2.0'

A lot of Salomon boards use it (Huck Knife, Villain, Assassin, Ultimate Ride)
Lago Double Barrell, Niche Theme, Capita's. I'd say it's more common than regular old traditional camber now.

A traditional camber has a single continuous arc. A camber 2.0 has camber of different lengths and degrees generally somewhere between the bindings and the contact points (some will end before the contact point and transition into a slight rocker) and a flat section between the bindings. That flat section is essentially elevated because of the camber, so it will still give you a platform to snap and ollie from very well, as well as keep pressure at the contact points for carving. But it will also provide a flat area to slide features on, and typically take less effort to decamber. That makes for more accessible pop for ollies and less resistance when you're buttering.

In general I'd say it's just a less aggressive form of camber. Still have to load it, it's just easier to load. It'll still make the contact points bite into the snow, they'll just bite less.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know about rome and capitas RFR. but CFC? cant think of any that are camber flat camber. huck knife and villain is RCR i think.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
i know about rome and capitas RFR. but CFC? cant think of any that are camber flat camber. huck knife and villain is RCR i think.
So you mean boards without any rocker at all? The Huck Knife and Villain both have the flat section between the feet, camber under foot, and then rocker at the tip. Villain has more rocker and it starts earlier than the Huck Knife.

The Lago Double Barrel and Niche Theme are both Camber - Flat - Camber. No rocker at the tip and tail.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Didn’t Ride do lifted tech? Or was that K2? Either way, it was flat middle with camber extending out past the bindings to the contact points

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Didn’t Ride do lifted tech? Or was that K2? Either way, it was flat middle with camber extending out past the bindings to the contact points
Yeah I think pretty much all of K2's camber profiles are actually a lifted flat section, except maybe the Joy Driver. Pretty sure most of them have a little bit of rocker at the tip and tail, but it's very minor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you mean boards without any rocker at all? The Huck Knife and Villain both have the flat section between the feet, camber under foot, and then rocker at the tip. Villain has more rocker and it starts earlier than the Huck Knife.

The Lago Double Barrel and Niche Theme are both Camber - Flat - Camber. No rocker at the tip and tail.
no, i did not know the villain and huckknife had a flat section in the middle, thanx for clearing that up. do the capita doa also have a flat section in the middle?

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
on salomons site the huckknife is camber with rocker, not cfc.
I owned it last year, looked flat to me. No discernable further rise from between the bindings.

What's the point of this thread anyway? A raised flat or camber section between the feet rides very similarly. It shouldn't be a deciding factor between one board or another.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on salomons site the huckknife is camber with rocker, not cfc.
I owned it last year, looked flat to me. No discernable further rise from between the bindings.

What's the point of this thread anyway? A raised flat or camber section between the feet rides very similarly. It shouldn't be a deciding factor between one board or another.
im asking because i like rfr (capita indoor survival). but i was thinking about trying cfc because i also like crc. but cant really find any boards that are cfc. villain and huck knife dont have cfc. so just looking for some models that do have cfc, but cant find :p thats the point of this thread.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Not exactly sure what you're looking for but there are some that are flat under and between the feet but lifted near the contact points. I think K2 calls it lifted baseline or something like that. Beyond that I don't really understand how you could have individual camber zones under foot with out a rockered section between the feet to create pressure in those camber zones that are under foot.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Not exactly sure what you're looking for but there are some that are flat under and between the feet but lifted near the contact points. I think K2 calls it lifted baseline or something like that. Beyond that I don't really understand how you could have individual camber zones under foot with out a rockered section between the feet to create pressure in those camber zones that are under foot.
ok, then i think i get it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that k2 happy hour is rocker-flat-rocker.

i repete im looking for camber-flat-camber.
im starting to guess that cfc dont get made. none here have named one model that is in that shape. so i guess its not possible to make that shape.
How is the K2 Rocker - Flat - Rocker? This is the closest you will get to cfc, together with the Nitro Uberspoon (not the 2017 model though).
https://www.evo.com/outlet/snowboards/nitro-uberspoon-snowboard-2016
i see now that i was wrong, k2 hh is more like a camberboard that is "flat" and not camber if you know what i mean. and i guess that is the closest ting to cfc.

just trying to get my head around all the diff shapes. :p

·
Registered
852 Posts
that k2 happy hour is rocker-flat-rocker.

i repete im looking for camber-flat-camber.
im starting to guess that cfc dont get made. none here have named one model that is in that shape. so i guess its not possible to make that shape.

There is no rocker. If anything, it's early rise in the tip and tail, but the kinked lift is where the board bends to camber. I would view the early rise as an added bonus, but this is what you are asking for.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts