Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Re:Flex 4th Disc

If this has been posted before feel free to remove, but I found this recently myself, so if not it may benefit some people.

If you have reflex bindings mounted on a 4x4 insert pattern you've probably noticed there's no tip to tail adjustment. I came across an article on another forum regarding a 4th set of discs Burton doesn't include in the box. The photo below shows a reflex disc with tip to tail adjustment, instead of toe to heel. The one they don't include is on the left.

I called up Burton Rider Services and spoke to an employee who hadn't heard of it but looked it up on their system as they have 4 different discs for Reflex bindings. It's a bit confusing to explain to someone who hasn't seen it, but you can send them an email with the photo while on the phone like I did and they will send this disc out to you. If not, ask for the
"4x4 Channel/Hinge Disc" (note that there's also 2 holes for ICS boards as well)

Granted, you won't have toe to heel adjustment, but if your boot overhang is equal this may help you out in terms of stance width :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
looks like that info is from easyloungin.com

you should have copied the part number too (then it's easy to ask for it even if the rider services dude has never heard of it)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is. The part number wasn't correct according to the person I spoke with, that's why I didn't include it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah no prob, there's been some talk about the reflex bindings lately and the thread on EL is fairly old so figured I put out another FYI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts