Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I had trouble hearing the audio at the beginning so I don't know if this was mentioned or not...But, is the music just stock music that comes with the device? And is that the device itself in the center of the board?

Seems pretty gimicky to me overall. Not something I'd use.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had trouble hearing the audio at the beginning so I don't know if this was mentioned or not...But, is the music just stock music that comes with the device? And is that the device itself in the center of the board?

Seems pretty gimicky to me overall. Not something I'd use.
Thanks for your feedback LuckyRVA. On the music end, you can download our tracks for free or load on your own files to the app. For the mount, right on - it sticks in the center of your board.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Interesting, but I wouldn't get it.

Maybe if you could link your iphone to it and use it as a speaker, as well as a beat mixer you would be able to get me looking at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting Idea

I think this is a good concept, but you need to be able to link it to an ipod or something similar so it can be playing in the rider's ears, not for everyone around them.

I like the idea of the app where you can customize what tracks play when you do certain things

If it is stuck to your board, is it water/snow/ice proof? If it has to play the music from the device itself this is a weak point for moisture to get in and mess with the electronics. Is it going to come off in a crash? Some things to consider.

If you could work those out, I would try it, again I like the concept

·
Registered
90 Posts
OMG this is absolutely amazing! I understand it's a work in progress but the concept and possibilities this will lead to in the future is mind blowing for me! I'm a huge gamer and played a ton of the new ssx game when it came out and one of my favorite things was you could add your own tracks into the game to listen to and the game remixes your songs in real time with special effects that occur in conjunction with your riding. Like how the music would fade out when he did an ollie and then explode back to life when he landed. This is so sick I hope you guys continue to perfect this technology and we are all mixing our own tracks with sick tree lines and cliff drops! Props!

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
I just don't get it at all...

Why...???

It is hard enough to be able to get a helmet with decent headphones, and if you where the only one on a hill with this, it would annoy the hell out of others, assuming it plays from the unit, but with 1000 people on a hill and 100 using this, imagine the noise...

Or am i missing something... And $200 dollars to pre order...

·
Registered
90 Posts
You people have no imagination! This is the first implementation of technology that is a work in progress! You have to see what this will lead to. PLEASE keep up the good work there is at least one person totally stoked on this!!! :yahoo:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks CheesemonkE, glad you’re stoked on the concept! Cool crossover with ssx too, didn’t know they had that feature, awesome.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It definitely helps a lot to hear what you guys think, good and bad. For more clarity, the device links wirelessly by Bluetooth to a smartphone app, so you’d normally listen through headphones. The device itself doesn't have speakers. The demo vid was playing through a cell phone plugged into a stereo system.

Drkangell, great points man. There’s still more work to be done to get it mountain ready, crash proof, and it’ll definitely need those qualities. I crash often. :dizzy:

·
Registered
451 Posts
this is pretty wicked guys! as i make music, i'd be interested in the capability to make loops for this. perhaps even make a pack that people can download, kind of as an interactive album. i'm sure a lot of electronic music producers would be into that sort of thing, actually. sick concept - looking forward to see what it turns into

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is pretty wicked guys! as i make music, i'd be interested in the capability to make loops for this. perhaps even make a pack that people can download, kind of as an interactive album. i'm sure a lot of electronic music producers would be into that sort of thing, actually. sick concept - looking forward to see what it turns into
Wow, that is awesome. Yea!!! We'd be most stoked to feature you as an artist, and really like your idea on an interactive album. Thanks for the props man, I'll email you shortly with more info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts