Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to flood the forum with this types of threads, but have looked back several pages and can't find a thread that matches my exact situation.

I'm looking for a versatile board; that's able to hit the park but also capable of all-mountain riding. I have been doing research, but I feel like i've run into information overload.

This is my first season boarding, and really enjoy it. Have done all my riding on the east coast. I'm 5'7, 130lb, male, and size 10-10.5. Of course I'm not looking for a top of the line board right now; but I don't mind spending for a quality board if a good one isn't available at a lower price point.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Do you at least know what camber profile you'd prefer? That would help to narrow things down. Just wanting an all-mountain/park board, yeah I can see why you're suffering info overload. Probably half the boards on the market can fall into that category.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you at least know what camber profile you'd prefer? That would help to narrow things down. Just wanting an all-mountain/park board, yeah I can see why you're suffering info overload. Probably half the boards on the market can fall into that category.
I like the idea of a rocker board, although I am open to camber board suggestions as well, if that helps.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Flow Era, Niche Knew, Burton Process Off Axis, Rossi Retox, K2 Happy Hour, Slash Happy Place or Paxson, Yes Basic, or an Arbor Westmark.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lip Tech Skate Banana or Flow Verve 152 or 153
They are both all mountain and easier for beginner.
I personally like Flow stuff. I have Flow Era> it is little stiff for beginner , that 's why i recommend the Verve.
And get some Flow rear entry binding (large size), you don't have to sit down to strap them on . :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
arbor westmark, full rocker with extra grip for your ice.
Didn't even factor in how icy the resorts around here get.. will do some further research on this board

Lip Tech Skate Banana or Flow Verve 152 or 153
They are both all mountain and easier for beginner.
I personally like Flow stuff. I have Flow Era> it is little stiff for beginner , that 's why i recommend the Verve.
And get some Flow rear entry binding (large size), you don't have to sit down to strap them on . :)
Really liking both of the graphics on these boards, and both have received some good reviews. I am looking for a 149 though and they seem to be harder to find. & those rear entry bindings look sick, will definitely look into scooping a pair :crazy7:

Flow Era, Niche Knew, Burton Process Off Axis, Rossi Retox, K2 Happy Hour, Slash Happy Place or Paxson, Yes Basic, or an Arbor Westmark.
The Slash Paxson looks amazing, but having some trouble finding a 149 online though. Will take a look at some of the local shops, or maybe get lucky on ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Don't be afraid of something in the low 150s, especially given your boot size. Anything under a 250 waist you could have toe or heel drag issues when carving hard, and you're not too light for those boards. I'd say 152-154 depending on flex and effective edge etc, but 149 would be Park size for you, not All Mountain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts