Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey, I have been going snowboarding about 3-4 times past 2 years, always renting here in SoCal.

anyway, a friend gave me an old board that he had been using. It is a Morrow Source 159cm ( I am 5'11, boot size 11, 200lb ) It looks preety beat up. I don't know anything about this brand or board. Is it good for beginners?

Ill try to post some pics of how it looks soon.:

since it is missing bindings, or it has one but it is all rusty. I need to buy bindings for them, which I am thinking of getting Burton Freestyle or for $30 more the Burton customs(will they fit?)

That is my option I have or, buy a brand new board like Burton Clash or Burton bullet (on sale ) + bindings , also I have seen the Burton TWC on sale but I looked at the burton website and the biggest board is not meant for my weight, would it be a big deal if I did go for the TWC 158 Wide?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Id say its a good snowboard for the beginner for sure, esp for free!

My advice would be spend the extra $$ you saved by not buying the board and get the Customs. They are a good beginner binding that can take you to intermediate or further. Get that thing tuned (wax, edge sharpen, base grind if needed) then ride that board until you you are a confident novice/intermediate.

Then do some solid research and spend all the rental money you saved a new board in 1-2 seasons!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I am liking the price on the Burton Customs, also is there any benefits of getting the Burton Cobrashark/Mission/Cartel I only ask since the price difference is minimal/almost the same.

From what I have read, the cobrashark are more freestyle/park. While I am still trying to go down the slopes with mastering my turns

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
If the Cartels are similar price, get them. They are a higher end binding than the Cobrashark or Custom. They are still very much an all-arounder but you will get more comfort and features from them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Make sure you get the regular or Re:Flex version and NOT the EST.

ESTs are only compatible with Burton's channel board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts