1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
520 Posts
This is also really dorky, but as an attorney I wonder how taxation works on 75k. It's sponsored by US Redbull, paid to a foreign national and won in Canada..hrm. How many of these pro's actually have a good tax attorney I wonder.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Somebody get that man a helmet that fits. He looks like some sort of cartoon character.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I dont think that its fair that travis rice gets to compete. He designed it, he knows where everything is.
You're kind of missing the point of these events. It's not about the placings, it's about trying to expose the public to a different side of snowboarding.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i loved this event last year, and i love it this year even more (from the pics i ahve seen). gigi is my favorite rider and this event really seems designed -for- him.

this is so much better than x games big jump i can't even tell you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If that was part of Gigi's winning run in that video, Rice's run last year was way better... I wonder what happened for him to not even place top 5

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it in this one. I think that T. Rice sandbagged this year to give others a chance to win. He doesn't care about winning it, he just cares about having fun and getting the masses exposed to an aspect of the sport that they might not be very familiar with. Even last year when he won, he said he didn't intend to be the winner. He shares every bit of course knowledge that he has with every rider. Plus, it's not like he gets to ride it over and over before everyone else. He just designed it and help build and maintain it. Then he drops in on contest day, just like everyone else.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it in this one. I think that T. Rice sandbagged this year to give others a chance to win. He doesn't care about winning it, he just cares about having fun and getting the masses exposed to an aspect of the sport that they might not be very familiar with. Even last year when he won, he said he didn't intend to be the winner. He shares every bit of course knowledge that he has with every rider. Plus, it's not like he gets to ride it over and over before everyone else. He just designed it and help build and maintain it. Then he drops in on contest day, just like everyone else.
Agreed, I think it would be alittle shifty for him to take first every year.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts