Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me or I just haven't noticed it seems since when I first got my gear like 7 years ago they stocked a lot more sold many of boards.. I just came back from the store not too long ago my wife who is looking at getting into it.. I pretty much had to order boots for her in store and they had not one board in stock or on display... they had just 3 pairs of 32's left instock and a few gear and board tuning..

Is this at every location?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Check out their used section too. Ppl return their barely used boards and rei sells them for close to half off

Reactions: MikeCL

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maybe it's just me or I just haven't noticed it seems since when I first got my gear like 7 years ago they stocked a lot more sold many of boards.. I just came back from the store not too long ago my wife who is looking at getting into it.. I pretty much had to order boots for her in store and they had not one board in stock or on display... they had just 3 pairs of 32's left instock and a few gear and board tuning..

At my location in the SF Bay Area, the selection was similar to what you described. A few ThirtyTwo boots and only two used/returned Jones boards for sale at a discount.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At my location in the SF Bay Area, the selection was similar to what you described. A few ThirtyTwo boots and only two used/returned Jones boards for sale at a discount.
I just remember a few years back as soon as you walked in they had at least 10+ boards in stock in the store now it’s just mostly skis

·
Registered
Flow Fuse-GT, Burton Cartels, Nitro Team TLS, Weston Backwoods, Burton Supermodel, '03 Burton Custom
1,796 Posts

I think it's more the year/covid. I never make to REI anymore. There is an Epic Mountain Gear ~10 minutes from house and they always had a better selection and better deals.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it's more the year/covid. I never make to REI anymore. There is an Epic Mountain Gear ~10 minutes from house and they always had a better selection and better deals.
I hope that’s the case I know the store has been changed around to have pickup as soon as you come in.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Great they are of good quality and I got few for myself from the REI store. I found a large collection of different brands snowboard gear and other sports accessories. Skiing and snowboarding are expensive sports, but you can put a dent in the price of a new pair of skis or a snowboard at REI right now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
probably thousands of boards, boots, and gear out on those container ships.

I recently went to REI to spend a couple gift certificates and noticed that they only had 3 boards, two pair of boots and three pair of binding, as far a gear went I didn’t see any goretex/shell gear only puffy coats/vests.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
REI stuff is fine. Cheap to buy for those who want to get them in a pinch. Their stuff lacks a lot of features I use frequently from more snow gear oriented brands such as Burton and 686.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts