Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all... question about a board i bought around 1998, k2 eldorado. i loved it when i used it for 2 trips but i'm from florida and haven't been boarding since then. the board has been in a bag in a shed for years and it's not looking good. i would hate to just throw it away but i'm 56 and probably won't ever use it again. the finish is bad, i have no idea how much work would be needed to restore it, or if it's even worth the effort for anyone. apart from a dried up flaking top coat, is there anything else that goes horribly wrong with a board exposed to prolonged florida humidity? delamination or anything of the sort? sorry, i don't know much about technical jargon of snowboards! thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
hi all... question about a board i bought around 1998, k2 eldorado. i loved it when i used it for 2 trips but i'm from florida and haven't been boarding since then. the board has been in a bag in a shed for years and it's not looking good. i would hate to just throw it away but i'm 56 and probably won't ever use it again. the finish is bad, i have no idea how much work would be needed to restore it, or if it's even worth the effort for anyone. apart from a dried up flaking top coat, is there anything else that goes horribly wrong with a board exposed to prolonged florida humidity? delamination or anything of the sort? sorry, i don't know much about technical jargon of snowboards! thanks
Do you have any photos you can share?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Funny. I picked up an Eldorado super cheap last year in an op shop (thrift store for north american philistines) that was almost like new to use as a rock board. Threw some old bindings on it and took it out half a dozen days at the Remarkables. Surprising decent board. slow turn in (I would call it truck like) but edged pretty darn well. Blasted through chopped up snow and crud like nothing was there. Really not a bad ride considering the era.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts