Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
nobody's got one of these???.....lol
i'm surprised.

for the price, I think this board is the ISH!!....yea, yea,...now rome boards are made in china...but they're designed in the US......oh well, compromise can be
necessary....but it's sad they can't make em here and keep the price down.

anyway.....FOR the price you get a pretty damn nice board...
I have the 2012...yea,. I know but I got it in 2013 for a steal....
https://sites.google.com/a/d10f.alexaskype.com/x2073ny/40971033828385
and used it last season for the first time in place of my beat to shit neversummer revolver. (still kickin' though!)

way more pop than the NS.....but I think that's just cuz it was new.....
the more I use it the more it will soften up.
it presses nice,...it's light,....agile,....sintered base,...yadda

basically a good quality board for someone not lookin' to break the bank...
it'll get it done...but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a $500 board.
if you're gonna beat your board and want to progress without worrying about alittle ding here and there,.....this is a good one to try.
never had any problems charging or carving on this one,....performs nice in the park.
check it out!
:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got one. what kind of link is that? it's scary to click.
scary?.....lol......it's just a link showing what model I have
you don't have to click it...just do a google image search of
the 2012 reverb rocker wide.
it's yellow with black stripes

you got one eh?....you'll like it.....bet you're just squirming to try it out.....haha

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same board... 2012 Reverb Rocker Wide 158 (mine is green and white).

It's a great all-around deck. Rome classifies it as a stiff board, but it really has a playful feel... Very butter-able. Has a good mount of pop, performs well enough on jumps and jibs, but where I really think it excels is in powder. Set the stance back slightly and it has a SERIOUS amount of float... Tons of fun to ride.

It's never going to be the fastest board, and it's not the quickest edge to edge, but still rides well enough on groomers that you won't get frustrated. A little noticeable chatter when bombing at high speeds, but that is to be expected with this type of board.

I bought a K2 Slayblade 161 as the ying to the Reverb Rocker's yang. A more aggressive, quicker board for riding stable at higher speeds. I love having these two in my quiver... I plan on bringing both on my trip to Whistler in March.

I would recommend the Reverb Rocker to someone who is an intermediate rider and wants a versatile board that isn't too hard to ride, but will work for them as they push their limits to improve. I've taken this thing everywhere, from park to powder glades, and it hasn't disappointed yet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bought a reverb rocker last month and I love it. It just feel so natural and easy to ride. Holds an edge well enough on east coast conditions. I havent washed out once yet. I got one a few cm short for my size (According to the size chart) but it still feels good. I take this board to the park and it rips there as well, from not so technical jibs to medium jumps, the board works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, super new here. Was just curious about this old thread. I just bought a 2015 Rome Reverb Rocker 154. Got a fantastic deal on it and I am excited to get on the mountain this season.

I'm pretty new to owning a snowboard. I plan to ride all mountain, not too much park. Do I need to get this board detuned? I still can't figure out what the recommendation is. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi, super new here. Was just curious about this old thread. I just bought a 2015 Rome Reverb Rocker 154. Got a fantastic deal on it and I am excited to get on the mountain this season.

I'm pretty new to owning a snowboard. I plan to ride all mountain, not too much park. Do I need to get this board detuned? I still can't figure out what the recommendation is. Thanks!
it's a good noob board and also a good park board, but it's a bad all mountain board. chatters like crazy. good if you want to do slow carves. if you want any sort of speed, return it. if you're stuck with it, ride it till you feel like it's not good enough. I got it because I thought it was versatile and didn't know wtf I was getting and it was cheap. the board did get me back up to par to before I took a 10yr hiatus. the edges are damn sharp, and great grip. do not detune unless you're going to ride park. not sure but I think the edges come beveled slightly. looking at it, it looks like a 0 degree base, 2 degree side? you got on evo? $7 return and get something else.. if you want to stick to rome get the agent rocker or mod rocker.

pros: cheap, quick edge to edge, quick-rip sidecut really locks you into carves, nice durable sintered base, cheap.

cons: the topsheet chips by the littlest thing, chatters like a mofo and if you go faster it feels like it will buck you off, camber zones are too small so you really want a wide stance, little vibrations get you tired throughout the day.

don't detune the whole thing, just detune a little past the contact points and tip/tail. when it catches it catches hard and doesn't want to let go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, thanks Jae! I really appreciate the detailed information.

Man you really just turned my world upside down. I was hoping to hear the opposite lol. Now I don't know what to think and I'm too much of a newbie to know. I'm hoping that the experience you speak from is due to the fact that your skill level is much higher than mine. I do like to go fast, but maybe we have different versions of fast lol. According to this app that my friend recommended me use (I forget the name), it tracks my average speed around 25-30 mph. That is honestly fast enough for me. I like to cruise the scenery and I like responsive boards that aren't too long. I'll check the evo website return policy. I think it's pretty good. I do want to try it first before I just give up and send it back though.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
on average, I would say a comfortable speed would be 25ish mph, anything more and it starts chattering. once you get it to 33ish it starts to buck from any type of rutted out snow, I'm not sure because I didn't ride that much corduroy, but even there I think you get chatter (I forgot). You're comfortable now with that speed, give it a few days and you'll be disappointed on how fast you outgrew the board.

I thought it was fine when I first got it, but that's when it wasn't broken in. once it breaks in, it loses a lot of stiffness and you can feel everything. If you were starting from 0 experience, I would recommend this board. if you were looking for a cheap park board, go for it. since it's neither and you can ride somewhat, you'll quickly outgrow it imo. if that's your goal, so you can get a better board earlier, cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly, the price tag and the youtube reviews was what drove me to buy it. I think I'll give it a shot though and try to learn more about my riding style and needs. I'll hit up the forum after December with an update lol. Thanks Jae.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Wow, thanks Jae! I really appreciate the detailed information.

Man you really just turned my world upside down. I was hoping to hear the opposite lol. Now I don't know what to think and I'm too much of a newbie to know. I'm hoping that the experience you speak from is due to the fact that your skill level is much higher than mine. I do like to go fast, but maybe we have different versions of fast lol. According to this app that my friend recommended me use (I forget the name), it tracks my average speed around 25-30 mph. That is honestly fast enough for me. I like to cruise the scenery and I like responsive boards that aren't too long. I'll check the evo website return policy. I think it's pretty good. I do want to try it first before I just give up and send it back though.
You will be fine, some guys I ride with happily cruise on their Reverb Rockers at 50-60 mph. And they all love the thing in powder and for playing around/practicing new tricks (because of the combination of having pop/liveliness while still being forgiving).
None of the noobs and some are quite advanced (720s, corks, etc.).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You will be fine, some guys I ride with happily cruise on their Reverb Rockers at 50-60 mph. And they all love the thing in powder and for playing around/practicing new tricks (because of the combination of having pop/liveliness while still being forgiving).
None of the noobs and some are quite advanced (720s, corks, etc.).
it is pretty fun in powder. I agree with the pop and liveliness. I think it's more their skill that makes up for the short comings of the board. or I can just suck shit... but I'm not that bad, just not as good as the guys you ride with. seriously, it chatters/bucks a lot trying to go fast. never felt this problem with the other boards I demo'd/borrowed through out last season. Confidence is key, this board doesn't help with that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well got to put in 3 days last week. All in all, took just a bit to get used to the snow again, and to the new board. I think the edges were quite sharp, but once I adjusted, the board rode nicely. I really like it so far, and I feel good on it. Nothing to compare it to, but I guess we'll see how the rest of the season goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2017 reverb rocker SE

I just bough a 160 on EVO during cyber monday, got a good deal. Mounting bindings this week and will hit the snow on Saturday. my decision was mostly based on price..i know it sucks but I just couldnt drop too much $$ on a new deck specially after buying 3 sunday river gold passes for the fam. I'm upgrading from a Rossi Premier camber deck, so I'm looking forward to the rocker and being able to ride flat for a change. Also the Rossi is pretty stiff and the Reverb is def more soft.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bough a 160 on EVO during cyber monday, got a good deal. Mounting bindings this week and will hit the snow on Saturday. my decision was mostly based on price..i know it sucks but I just couldnt drop too much $$ on a new deck specially after buying 3 sunday river gold passes for the fam. I'm upgrading from a Rossi Premier camber deck, so I'm looking forward to the rocker and being able to ride flat for a change. Also the Rossi is pretty stiff and the Reverb is def more soft.
I Just got the same one from evo last night. I paired it up with a set of last year's D.O.D bindings. To bad I have to wait 2.5 wks to go home to ride it. Should be pretty good for groomers and sidehits. Cannot wait to check it out, set it up, flex it and send it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well well well. I've had the reverb rocker for about a week of solid riding. This board has gone beyond expectations. It carves like a one eyed mad man. It charges throught chunder fields and lay into carves and blast sidehits without a hitch. The board has yet to let me down. Every single thing I throw at it, the board demolishes it and asks for seconds. The edge hold is simply amazing. The hybrid camber rocker camber profile creates more than enough pop to ollie slow signs and any jump or feature in the park. Granted that I only made one park lap but my opinion stands. This board is another quiver killer from Rome SDS. But I run a Rome quiver so that's a moot point for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This was written with the backing of fine spirits an a general lack of fine details at lame dinner party. Bottom line is that you want a super stable ride at higher speeds while executing Euro carves while accelerating with expectation to throw heavy pressure into the tail your going to wash out a few times till you find the perfect balance of speed and pressure applied. The quick rip side cut is awesome. But your going to need a few runs to get use to the quick rip side cut. This board is excellent for piste, pow and sidehits. But if you want to run laps in the park look elsewhere. Like the agent rocker, gangplank, or mod rocker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This was written with the backing of fine spirits an a general lack of fine details at lame dinner party. Bottom line is that you want a super stable ride at higher speeds while executing Euro carves while accelerating with expectation to throw heavy pressure into the tail your going to wash out a few times till you find the perfect balance of speed and pressure applied. The quick rip side cut is awesome. But your going to need a few runs to get use to the quick rip side cut. This board is excellent for piste, pow and sidehits. But if you want to run laps in the park look elsewhere. Like the agent rocker, gangplank, or mod rocker.
I have a question you might be able to awnser. I cant figure out if I should go with the Rome Reverb or with the Agent Rocker.
Normally i cruise around the mountain, yet i am not entirely ready to say goodbye to the park and hit some rails or medium kickers.
Do you think the Rome Reverb Rocker or the Rome Agent rocker the best choice here? The Rome Agent Rocker sells for around $465 and the Reverb for $355

1 - 20 of 24 Posts