Registered
Niche Wraith/ Yes Warca/ Niche Maelstrom/ Ride Algorythm
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ride status: 5' 9", 175 lbs, intermediate rider
Board: 22/23 Yes WARCA UNINC. JPS 150
Bindings: 20/21 Burton Malavita M
Days on snow: 4 days
Condition: 20-50 F. Hardpack, firm/ soft groomer, Ice, wet snow, spring slush, 7" fresh powder.

Background: Pretty much an intermediate rider that started riding more last season and this season, so I am "not" trying to write a great review but just mostly want to share my joy of riding this board and perhaps give some information for people eyeing this board like me (oh I already bought it). I also ride a 20/21 Ride Algorythm 157 as my daily driver so I initially get this board as a party board for spring-like condition...and hopefully powder day.....(yea we have only 2 powder days here this season)

The board profile can be found on Yes snowboards website

Flex: Feel Mid flex, similar to Ride Algorythm. Perhaps because it is shorter, I think it is much easier to access the soft parts of the board (tip and tail)

Butter: Surprised that this is much easier to butter than I think it will be due to its full camber profile. The wider tip and tail are really good platforms to butter on.

Spin: I really like how Warca spins. I think I do 180s and spinning butter much better on Warca, mostly because it is much shorter.

Pop: I think this is the most reactive board I have ever been on. This is also probably the only true camber board that I've ever been on (usually I am on cam rocker). It is very easy to load up somehow and you can immediately do an ollie without any delay. The board is snappy and you can get good air on this.

Jump: Already know that this board will have enough pop but the landing is truthfully stable, as to how this board is marketed. I really think this board has a solid stable landing (tried on a Medium jump)

Carving: Fun carver that has really tight carving radius (sidecut radius is 6.8 m). With true camber, this board feels very reactive and the tapered midbite makes this board roll edge to edge with ease. Once I get used to it, I feel that this is a great nimble board to just carve around.

Edge hold: Before I got this board, I was researching on Yes the greats, standard, and jackpot, which all have mid-bite construction I am trying to figure out if Warca will have a good edge hold since I live on the east coast (at least for now). From reviews, these three boards all seem to have pretty solid edge hold, but I don't feel that Warca has a great edge hold on icy conditions. On hard packs, it is fine as long as I don't try to drive too hard. For me, this is a board mostly for spring slush and occasional powder, so I think it is good enough for me. (Edited: I think if you are centered on the midbite when on ice, you can have more grip)

Switch riding: The taper is only 4 mm, the stance is centered, the tip is only 2 cm longer than the tail. The switch riding feels very natural, similar feel to my Ride Algorythm, which is a setback (20 mm) twin.

Powder: Fortunately got the chance to ride Warca on fresh 7" of powder. The float is really good and I don't feel I need to put too much effort to make it float. Not sure about deep powder but Warca will certainly be a good option for powder less than a foot or if it is steeper.

Conclusion: Well I have been trying to get my own short fat party board. Being riding much more often this season, I started to realize that instead of wanting a more powder/ surfy/ carvy party board like Rome service dog, Telos backslash, Niche Pyre, I want something more twinish that I can bring into the park and progress on jibbing, jump and switch riding, but still fun to carve around and just have a fun day. Well overall, I really like this board and it fits all my needs. I do wish it has more grips but I don't think I can blame it because the condition here is not great.

Warca on snow:
Warca on Powder:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice review. Seems like a cool board. Wish they made it in a size that worked for me.
Just tested Warca in slush and powder recently and it definitely floats well considering having almost a twin feel. I think 155 acts probably like a 160. I ride 157 usually but 150 Warca has a similar stability.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ride status: 5' 9", 175 lbs, intermediate rider
Board: 22/23 Yes WARCA UNINC. JPS 150
Bindings: 20/21 Burton Malavita M
Days on snow: 4 days
Condition: 20-50 F. Hardpack, firm/ soft groomer, Ice, wet snow, spring slush, 7" fresh powder.

Background: Pretty much an intermediate rider that started riding more last season and this season, so I am "not" trying to write a great review but just mostly want to share my joy of riding this board and perhaps give some information for people eyeing this board like me (oh I already bought it). I also ride a 20/21 Ride Algorythm 157 as my daily driver so I initially get this board as a party board for spring-like condition...and hopefully powder day.....(yea we have only 2 powder days here this season)

The board profile can be found on Yes snowboards website

Flex: Feel Mid flex, similar to Ride Algorythm. Perhaps because it is shorter, I think it is much easier to access the soft parts of the board (tip and tail)

Butter: Surprised that this is much easier to butter than I think it will be due to its full camber profile. The wider tip and tail are really good platforms to butter on.

Spin: I really like how Warca spins. I think I do 180s and spinning butter much better on Warca, mostly because it is much shorter.

Pop: I think this is the most reactive board I have ever been on. This is also probably the only true camber board that I've ever been on (usually I am on cam rocker). It is very easy to load up somehow and you can immediately do an ollie without any delay. The board is snappy and you can get good air on this.

Jump: Already know that this board will have enough pop but the landing is truthfully stable, as to how this board is marketed. I really think this board has a solid stable landing (tried on a Medium jump)

Carving: Fun carver that has really tight carving radius (sidecut radius is 6.8 m). With true camber, this board feels very reactive and the tapered midbite makes this board roll edge to edge with ease. Once I get used to it, I feel that this is a great nimble board to just carve around.

Edge hold: Before I got this board, I was researching on Yes the greats, standard, and jackpot, which all have mid-bite construction I am trying to figure out if Warca will have a good edge hold since I live on the east coast (at least for now). From reviews, these three boards all seem to have pretty solid edge hold, but I don't feel that Warca has a great edge hold on icy conditions. On hard packs, it is fine as long as I don't try to drive too hard. For me, this is a board mostly for spring slush and occasional powder, so I think it is good enough for me. (Edited: I think if you are centered on the midbite when on ice, you can have more grip)

Switch riding: The taper is only 4 mm, the stance is centered, the tip is only 2 cm longer than the tail. The switch riding feels very natural, similar feel to my Ride Algorythm, which is a setback (20 mm) twin.

Powder: Fortunately got the chance to ride Warca on fresh 7" of powder. The float is really good and I don't feel I need to put too much effort to make it float. Not sure about deep powder but Warca will certainly be a good option for powder less than a foot or if it is steeper.

Conclusion: Well I have been trying to get my own short fat party board. Being riding much more often this season, I started to realize that instead of wanting a more powder/ surfy/ carvy party board like Rome service dog, Telos backslash, Niche Pyre, I want something more twinish that I can bring into the park and progress on jibbing, jump and switch riding, but still fun to carve around and just have a fun day. Well overall, I really like this board and it fits all my needs. I do wish it has more grips but I don't think I can blame it because the condition here is not great.

Warca on snow:
Warca on Powder:
Could you compare ride algoryrthm and warca for powder, carving, park and etc. (I know that they are different purpose boards, but interesting which one you would prefer more for specific situation)?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you compare ride algoryrthm and warca for powder, carving, park and etc. (I know that they are different purpose boards, but interesting which one you would prefer more for specific situation)?
Honestly, I feel that both Algorythm and Warca can pretty much do it all, whether it is powder, groomer, carving, park, but yes they are a bit different.

Powder: With my very few experiences with both boards on powder, I think Warca has a better float. Warca just seems easier to poke the nose out compared to Algorythm. For reference, I ride both of them on the reference points, so centered on Warca and ~20 mm setback on Algorythm.

Carving: I will say both carves well but in different ways. Algorythm is quite easy to skid on and is very quick edge to edge so very good maneuverability, while still let you carve hard occasionally. As for Warca, it can carve a nice circle arc due to the radial sidecut and with the extra width, you can lean into the edge more. You do need to get used to the width on Warca, but I think the edge to edge is just a bit slower than Algorythm because of the midebite.

Park: Both boards feel pretty good in the park. Warca is so short and wide so I feel more comfortable spinning it around, practicing boardslide, just in general better at jibbing. I think both are great at jumping, both have very stable and damp landing. When I first brought Warca to the jump, I think I almost caught the toe edge due to the full camber profile (but fine after I rode more). With the rocker in the tip and tail, Algorythm is more forgiving.

Hope this makes sense. I have a video that I have both of them on snow so you can see how they carve differently and how they float on powder.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw a Warca up close in the wild today, really nice looking board.
Yea I really like the graphics and the board shape of Warca. It's also a fun board to ride. Hope the winter comes to the north hemisphere soon so that I can ride it again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts