Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get my head around ride stiffness ratings, I'm interested in this board in a 159 or 157 since my other 159 board is all but shot. I will have to purchase online so i won't be able to test, is it safe to assume this board is slightly more than mid flex in stiffness? Any one got something good or bad to say about this board?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure about the DH but I just spent 2 weeks on the new Bezerker which has very similar dimensions on a different profile. These boards come with a stillness rating of 5 but they do ride a little stiffer than that. Board was awesome in the first few days of POW, the next few days of ice and then the proceeding slush.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Berserker might be a bit too much board for what I'm after...

I already got a big boy board in the slayblade and am looking for something softer more fun & playful yet stiff enough in the middle to hold a line...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I rode my friend's DH two years ago, and I'd say that Mid flex is legit. I was able to do some simple presses and the n00b 360 butter with it, but I had to work more than my Bataleon.

Cool board, lots of ollie power.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I figured as much just, was thrown off by the fact the bezerker and machete gt having the same rating...

Is it a bit stiffer between the bindings with softer tips or an even flex throughout?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts