Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.rideeasy.co/

Stumbled across this today and it looks like a great idea, especially for anyone with a new snowboard/bindings like me :)

Useful for newbies also who haven't worked out the way to do rest their board on their foot (if necessary) or are not there long enough to strengthen said leg.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,201 Posts
https://www.rideeasy.co/

Stumbled across this today and it looks like a great idea, especially for anyone with a new snowboard/bindings like me :)

Useful for newbies also who haven't worked out the way to do rest their board on their foot (if necessary) or are not there long enough to strengthen said leg.

Uuuuuh,... Yeah! Be prepared for an EPIC ass reaming once @BurtonAvenger sees this!!! ;) :laugh: LoL!! He's been pointing out what a REALLY bad idea these are for some time! 🤷‍♂️

NooBs,..... You rest yer board by resting the heel cup of yer bindings on the TOE of yer boot! 👍🤦‍♂️

edit

Daammit!!!! Half a second too late!! LoL!!! :D

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I thought AngrySnowboarder had already reviewed this or something similar and the review was somewhat less than positive. From my perspective if someone is that much of a beginner they will more likely have rental gear and just balance the board on the front of their boot. If they are experienced enough, even as a beginner, to have their own gear then I would hope they wouldn't need this. I can see these types of devices quickly being banned from lift chairs as soon as one person forgets or has problems unclipping.

·
Registered
185 Posts
They won't sell in Europe. I've ridden about 300 days over 60 odd resorts since I started boarding 8 years ago and have been on precisely 2 chairlfts without footrests; both under 250 yards long.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They won't sell in Europe. I've ridden about 300 days over 60 odd resorts since I started boarding 8 years ago and have been on precisely 2 chairlifts without footrests; both under 250 yards long.
Really? I've been on so many chairlifts in Japan without footrests, I'd almost say the majority are without footrests where I ride. Regardless, I hate things in my pockets and have a new "The Greats" and a 1 year on Rossi Sushi with Genesis bindings and I want to see both in the same place I left them after I have lunch on the mountain. This product IS a super convenient smart way of achieving that and that's why I am going to get one, I'm too lazy to use it on the lift which is somewhat ironic.

I do agree it may well cause some issues on a lift when left on accidentally, which will happen, but the bar can not be lifted by anyone until it's off so someone on the lift should work that out soon enough.

Burton Avenger is the last person's opinion I am interested in with regards to new products NOT developed by major brands. I'll let you know how it goes as friends of mine with new gear are buying it also for the same reason I am. funny about that. If anyone gets a board/bindings stolen this season, please feel free to mention it on this thread.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm pretty excited about this too. It's going to be epic watching people get drug down by the chair lift when they forget to unhook this monstrosity :ROFLMAO:
Not sure how this would happen? You pull the bar up, your leg goes with it, u have oh shit moment, remove the hook, what am i missing? But I know how much you guys love blindly hating on shit so maybe thats it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not sure how this would happen? You pull the bar up, your leg goes with it, u have oh shit moment, remove the hook, what am i missing? But I know how much you guys love blindly hating on shit so maybe thats it.
I haven't even looked at it, and not really the point of the thread, but lots of lifts here with no bars or leg rests, never realized that is the exception and not the norm?

Do agree though, what is it actually solving for? Like I said, no leg rests here, and I've never thought to myself how nice it would be to have something to hold my board up? Guess if that's hating I'm a hater, but just seems dumb.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,201 Posts
Its amazing how triggered some of you fucking boomers are about a boardlock that doubles as a footrest, go make sure no one is on your lawn.
Triggered..?? Nah! Just always amazed at all the Kooky ideas that get designed,built,promoted to solve a NoN-issue!!

Seriously,... How difficult is it to do THIS.....??? Rest your heel cup on the toe of your boot,...

I mean it's easy, it works, and it doesn't cost a F*&%ing penny!!!

-edit-

...and my Lawn is booby trapped!! Never any kids on MY lawn!! ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Shit ideas will always be shit to real snowboarders regardless if they're from new unknown brands. I get about 10 emails a day to promote some kind of crappy ass product from some brand you've never heard of. I could take the money and just say "it's the best buy 10" or I can say "well this is a fucking stupid idea for a non issue and does nothing to help snowboarding or snowboarder".

I'm sure someone will use the argument of "well if we don't coddle these bad new ideas we'll never get good new ones" with logic like that I assume you're only alive because warning labels have been put on things that would kill you. If you shoot down the bad ones, don't support it, and point out how crap it is, when a good idea comes along and you promote it and support it, it will take off.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Triggered..?? Nah! Just always amazed at all the Kooky ideas that get designed,built,promoted to solve a NoN-issue!!

Seriously,... How difficult is it to do THIS.....??? Rest your heel cup on the toe of your boot,...
View attachment 151256

I mean it's easy, it works, and it doesn't cost a F*&%ing penny!!!

-edit-

...and my Lawn is booby trapped!! Never any kids on MY lawn!! ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)
Ok, boomer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts