Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a new set of mondo 285 Ride Lasso boots which I'm breaking in around the house. These were bought online and unfortunately I'm not in a position to try boots on prior to buying as I live in the tropics with the closest sowboard boot shop probably 3000km away.

That said these were pretty comfortable when I first put them on, toes were pushing against the end but they have come good after a week of a few hours a day wearing. I haven't had these intuition liners heat moulded.

One thing I notice more now though is pressure immediatley behind the ankle on my right leg, it's more pronounced when in a riding psoition leaning towards the tail of the board. I pulled the liner out and had a feel around and look and iot seems to be the exit area for the inner boa cable, see image. It feels a little more raised and not as smooth finish as the one on my right boot or maybe I'm imagining it but it's in a shit of a spot.

Does anyone else get this with double boa boots or more specifically Ride boots? They feel super comfy barring that one point but until I get on the mountain which won't be for another couple of months I won't know for sure how much discomfort it might give.

I'm thinking next trip to NZ I'm going to try a heap of boots on just so I get a better indication on what brand of boots fit best if I need to buy online again.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Lasso boa wires hurt my feet over the life of 3 pair of boots. Each new model hurt my inner ankle in the same way.
I swapped to burton photon wide and problems are gone. The burtons hold up far better too.

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,645 Posts
I own two pairs of Ride Lassos, and neither one hurts in the way you describe. My Lassos tie with my Maysis for most comfortable boots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same exact problem with the Lasso double boa boots, went googling to see if this was common but this is the only post I found. Bought them during the 18/19 season and felt great in the store and got them heat molded, but after riding all day I would get this crazy tender spot above my inside ankle bone on both ankles. There’s actually pressure points all over my ankles but that spot is the worst.

I rode 7 days ago and my ankles are still super tender so I went investigating, put the boot on without the liner and tightened down the boas, and felt the pressure point right away. It’s coming from the inner boa attachment point on the boot shell, see the attached picture.

B8103BDB-7DA5-432B-BC52-E69762DDB085.jpeg

On my boot it’s covered with a leather patch but if I press on it with my finger it’s no wonder it hurts... it’s rock hard. All of the inner boa connection points are rock hard so no wonder these boots aren’t comfortable. The inner boa really locks your heel in and is really convenient compared to laces but it’s not at all worth the pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts