Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some days ago i rode the Ride Wildlife- and i have to say that i really liked it!
Unfortunately its no longer available at my local store. But they still have the Ride Machete in stock.
Does someone here know if the stiffness rating at the Ride Website is correct?!
(Wildlife (8) Machete (6)). At the shop the Machete feeled at least as stiff as the Wildlife.
Has anyone here experience with both boards, and can tell me more about the boards?
I don`t want to buy a stiffer board than the wildlife...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Two very different decks...

Wildlife is All-Mtn Rocker (Flat with lowrize rocker on the nose and half as much on the tail) and carbon array 3.

Machete is Lowrize Rocker (Flat with lowrize rocker on the nose & tail) carbon array 3 & Poprod 1.0 in the nose and tail.

So... the Wildlife is more of a directional board with the rocker shape even though it is twinish... The tail is going to "fish tail" as much on those harder carves and it's a bit tricky to ride it switch with the rocker shape. You can def. ride it switch but it takes some getting use to.

The Machete is really loose in the nose and tail and playful between the feet. But the Poprod 1.0 and carbon array gives it a great torsional flex and pop without being over the top.

My suggestion is to search out and find a Wild Life somewhere if you really liked it as the Machete is going to feel really different. If you can't find one, no worries as next year's model is the same exact construction with a different graphic.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
can you demo the machete? that could help out a lot. i ride the Antic(wildlife now) and i really like it. stiff though for butters but oh well,,, but if you like the wildlife,you could always order online.:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thank you guys. since a local shop (friend of mine) had a last year model of the machete in stock i bought it yesterday- for dirt cheap. i thought if i don`t like it i could still sell it after a "demo ride" for the same money...
i rode it today in various conditions (powder, ice, park...)
tough it is different than the wildlife it is an amazing all mountain deck.
also the twin tip shape fits my riding style better!
one thing that i kinda expected: it is definitely stiffer than its 6 rating.
not that easy to butter, but i don`t care much about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts