Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, another "help-me-pick-a-deck" thread.. Hi everyone, we're debating over 2 boards with my friend - either Ride Machete 161 or K2 Lifelike 160W for him to get. He's 6", 165 (maybe 170) lb, has a good skiing background but wants to start riding a board this year. So, more to the beginner level. I'm little help for him here cause I'm a female.. perfectly happy with my NS Infinity =)) so I really hope the collective mind here would shed light on the subject.

What he wants to do is mostly ride mountain in a lively style, and definitely not rails or pipe.
And, one more thing, the boots he's got are 11.5 US size (K2 Darko). Will they be OK on a 161 Machete, with 250mm waist?

He's also able to get a K2 Raygun or Ride Wildlife.. just more inclined towards the above 2.

Thank you guys for your help in advance!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Those will probably be a little long for his weight and newbness. I suggest something closer to a 156 wide or midwide. i vote machete because i have riden one, i liked it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Those will probably be a little long for his weight and newbness. I suggest something closer to a 156 wide or midwide. i vote machete because i have riden one, i liked it.
I love my machete. I feel its a pretty good beginner board cuz I progressed a ton on mine. I typically ride moguls and glades. I wear size 12 and I ride the 157w.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, thanks.. surprisingly, the boardshop guys recommended even longer boards and seemed to judge by the height only - which is sooo not right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love my machete. I feel its a pretty good beginner board cuz I progressed a ton on mine. I typically ride moguls and glades. I wear size 12 and I ride the 157w.
Thanks, I suspected that Machete is way more popular =) Is it on the stiffer side or softer?

·
Registered
786 Posts
One of my friends had the Machete on our last trip, he progressed A TON. Really thought it was a fun board.

Screw the board shop, shorter is better, especially when you're new. I rode a 160 my first time out and couldn't control it at all lol

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Raygun no question. Way easier to ride and wont hold him back at all. Easiest learning curve without the risk of progressing past the board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts