Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
I haven't spoken to the rep yet, but not lockable as far as I can tell. I have an Ego and if the Mtn Pig tail feels anything like the Ego did, then not being able to lock it is a non issue. I haven't used the lock since the first few days on it. I have no need for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't spoken to the rep yet, but not lockable as far as I can tell. I have an Ego and if the Mtn Pig tail feels anything like the Ego did, then not being able to lock it is a non issue. I haven't used the lock since the first few days on it. I have no need for it.

I’m concern I will lose the ability to dampen through choppy conditions if there is no lock on the split tail. I mostly snowboard NorthEast US where the conditions are not ideal. I’m hoping this split tail engage all the time will not take away value from dampening

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Not at all. The split tail gives it some of the feel of a swallow tail, just less pronounced and you still have the tail volume. Ride boards are generally pretty substantial, stable, and damp, so even livening up the tail with the split, it's still likely going to be a smooth board, like the Ego was.

Reactions: Blueflame8172

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got a 22 mtnpig leftover and cant friggin wait to ride it! in 160W, curious to see how it goes compared to the 160W burton Hometown Hero it is replacing. split tail intrigued me, and my theory is it will have all/most of the good attributes of the HTH but without the bad habits... hope im right!!! not being able to lock the tail is not even a slight consideration, the benefits of the split are on BOTH sides of the fence, in the piste w/ more granular control of your turns w/ rear foot, and than that plus other benefits in the powder. ive gotten to ride a few of the piggies, and i must admit, ride decks just behave & feel much more damped than burtons and others ive ridden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts