Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my board out for the first time for 2 hours today. Slid out once on a perfect groomer. Two chips on the f**king tail.

What a joke.

I know it doesn't and shouldn't make a difference, but it's bummed me out a bit :mad:

Can't wait to see what happens on terrain with actual obstacles...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Chips on the topsheet? I think that can be prevented a bit by sanding down where the topsheet meets the sidewall all around the perimeter. Don't know why that's not done at the factory. I think it's a problem with their "topsheetless" construction. Try to enjoy the weight savings when you're dealing with that chipping. Here's a tip from another thread:

I'm gonna make a topsheet comment because I have no info on the superpig (sorry) but if the superpig has the same topsheet it's relevant right?

I've been riding a 18/19 Warpig all season through trees and have hit all kinds of stuff, topsheet looks perfect. When the board was brand new I lightly sanded the edges of the topsheet with 400 grit sand paper all around, basically blending the top sheet ever so slightly into the next layer down, and getting rid of any edge that can be easily pulled/peeled up. I read somewhere that this is part of tuning a new board/skis, but who knows, seems to work. I agree that it sucks that work needs to be done on a brand new board, but these are inexpensive made in China boards (that are amazing for the price). If the superpig has the same topless top sheet I'd recommend everyone spend 10 minutes cleaning up the top sheet edges.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chips on the topsheet? I think that can be prevented a bit by sanding down where the topsheet meets the sidewall all around the perimeter. Don't know why that's not done at the factory. I think it's a problem with their "topsheetless" construction. Try to enjoy the weight savings when you're dealing with that chipping. Here's a tip from another thread:
Yeah, thanks for that, will give the rest of the edges a light sanding before I give it to Manicmouse

Obviously I don't want to leave him with small chips on the tail though - what's the best way to paint them? They're tiny, like a permanent market could cover them XD

I think you need to give that Superpig to me and buy a new one. What size is it? :p
It's a really fun board. So quick edge to edge. I don't think I'm entirely sold on the whole sizing down thing yet though, it definitely feels like it wants to kill me a little. I'm on the 154 down from 160, and it definitely gets knocked about a bit more at speed than I was expecting. I also feel like I overpower the toe edge a little - although I'm guessing what that actually means - twice the nose seemed to give too much on a sharp turn and felt like it was going to flip me. Am 10kgs within the recommended weight though, so it's probably just technique.

Really looking forward to taking it out on moguls and in the bowel up at Pano. Then obviously I'll pass it along!

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Yeah, thanks for that, will give the rest of the edges a light sanding before I give it to Manicmouse
:LOL:
It's a really fun board. So quick edge to edge. I don't think I'm entirely sold on the whole sizing down thing yet though, it definitely feels like it wants to kill me a little. I'm on the 154 down from 160, and it definitely gets knocked about a bit more at speed than I was expecting. I also feel like I overpower the toe edge a little - although I'm guessing what that actually means - twice the nose seemed to give too much on a sharp turn and felt like it was going to flip me. Am 10kgs within the recommended weight though, so it's probably just technique.

Really looking forward to taking it out on moguls and in the bowel up at Pano. Then obviously I'll pass it along!
Our season starts mid-year and we usually get the 2021 gear first. I'm hoping to get the new Superpig if Ride releases it in time down under :)

I'm just over 200lbs and will definitely get the 158. My current freeride board is 162 (a similar camber profile but only extended rocker in the nose).

·
Registered
474 Posts
Obviously I don't want to leave him with small chips on the tail though - what's the best way to paint them? They're tiny, like a permanent market could cover them XD
It's not a bad idea to seal those chips up. I use West System G-flex epoxy for pretty much all repairs from sealing up chips and cracks to patching core shots and delaminations. Otherwise, you could try sealing it with some nail polish or something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a bad idea to seal those chips up. I use West System G-flex epoxy for pretty much all repairs from sealing up chips and cracks to patching core shots and delaminations. Otherwise, you could try sealing it with some nail polish or something.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF***

I got it epoxy'd on the cheap

Sanded down the edges. Took it out for another 2 hours, and it had a chunk taken out of the side of the board

Fuck sake. It's a great board, but this is a joke. Yeah, I don't really care in the long run - but it's effectively meaning it's got very little resale value - it'll be an absolute state by the end of the season.

Just annoying because their topless topsheets weren't always this way!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PS it's a fucking great board. No where near as stiff as made out though if you're used to camber at all.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Super Pig is such a dope board. I was not the biggest fan of the Warpig, but the additional edgehold and pop from the camber, more stable flex, and extra carbon stringers really work together well. This thing is an all mountain ripper! It's on the stiffer side of medium but by no means a plank like some people make it out to be. I think those complaining are either not used to aggressive boards and/or don't understand volume shifting, and didn't size down enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I had a 160 machete gt and this 154 has way more flex to it. Certainly wouldn't want it to be any softer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Super Pig is such a dope board. I was not the biggest fan of the Warpig, but the additional edgehold and pop from the camber, more stable flex, and extra carbon stringers really work together well. This thing is an all mountain ripper! It's on the stiffer side of medium but by no means a plank like some people make it out to be. I think those complaining are either not used to aggressive boards and/or don't understand volume shifting, and didn't size down enough.
If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your weight and boot size, and which size superpig are you riding?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts