Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be riding at Marmot in January.

This will be my 2nd time snowboarding in the mountains, last year was Fernie which was awesome.

Anyways can anyone tell me usually what the conditions are like at Marmot in January? When we went to Fernie last year the runs were pretty icy under the fresh snow. (Went in March).

Are there any members that are in that area. Our group of people might be interested in boarding with some people that know the mountain to get us the best out of it.

Most of us that are going are intermediate but we did hit a few black runs last year. The black runs are alot different then the black runs out in Saskatchewan. (Wapiti to be exact). But I guess I take any hill that I can board on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It will be very cold. very cold. I was lucky to get a week of Bluebird skies, and powder, which last for days since there are no lines. I was there in the 2nd week of Feb, and was told they shut the whole mountain down for a couple days due to cold & wind in Jan.

So it's hit or miss, fun mountain, much much smaller than Fernie though. Jasper is a beautiful place.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
It will be very cold. very cold. I was lucky to get a week of Bluebird skies, and powder, which last for days since there are no lines. I was there in the 2nd week of Feb, and was told they shut the whole mountain down for a couple days due to cold & wind in Jan.

So it's hit or miss, fun mountain, much much smaller than Fernie though. Jasper is a beautiful place.
This has been my experience. I really like the hill but if the temp drops it gets mighty cold! I was there last January and morning temps were -20 and warming up to -14 in the afternoon.

You never know your luck though January can give you anything! Plus Jasper is a great town!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply's. Being from Saskatchewan and having -20 - -30 all winter long the weather will not bother me much at all. As long as you dress for the weather a person should be fine.

I am looking forward to riding down the mountain longer then the 1 minute it takes to ride down Wapiti.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts