Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,647 Posts
I just finished reading the section on backcountry near Lake Placid. Apparently there is a long trail that is either skinable or snowshoeable (is that a word) that spans across several towns with maintained downhill riding areas in between. If I remember correctly they mentioned that it is illegal to cut new trails so the exhisting trails are the only thing that it rideable. The glades may be too thick to ride. But, don't take my word for it.

Also, I destinctly remember them mentioning that trail maps should be available in the Lake Placid area. You really should pick up the book mentioned above.

· Registered
1,647 Posts
That's true. I was just messing with him, I am getting it. I just figured there would be info out there besides a book. But it's NY so I kinda figured. How does it work in like BC. Is all that backcountry people ride like unowned land or national parks or something? Everything is owned here. The only place left to look is parks, except Upstate a little more.
That area around Lake Placid is Adirondack State Park land unless you wander too closely to Whiteface I beleive.

· Registered
1,647 Posts
I'm going to White Face and Gore Mountain this year whenever it dumps, so I'll check out all these places on the way. Are they private, public, unowned. Those pics are pretty ridiculous, can't believe that is right hear in NY.
That area around Lake Placid is Adirondack State Park land unless you wander too closely to Whiteface I beleive.

**10char**

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.