Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup, when i ride normal i feel fine but when i go into switch it seems hard for me to rotate back around and heel stop or just common things that i can do riding normal.

not really sure if theres a easy way about this but wasnt sure if its in my legs or what.... maybe not enough strength?

·
Registered
35 Posts
At first riding switch is like throwing a baseball with your other hand.
It's confusing and different because it feels wrong.

Head over to the bunny slope and practice. Then move onto the groomers. You'll be surprised how fast you pick up switch, since you already know what your doing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol ok thanks, should i just change my bindings to goofy or just keep riding regular just going down switch

·
Registered
35 Posts
lol ok thanks, should i just change my bindings to goofy or just keep riding regular just going down switch
What are your angles now?
I ride -12/+12
It's a more park oriented stance but it allows everything to be even, so my switch riding gets the equal chance.

I used to ride goofy only with one foot angled and one not so much. And I couldn't get the switch turns around. Duck stance will help dramaticly. But your legs might be sore after a longs days riding.

·
Registered
648 Posts
definitely go duck. i ride 15/-15 and it makes switch so much easier. its a lot easier than it seems, it only took me around 2 days to get decent at switch. i used to not be able to ride switch at all, but decided to work on it on long green trails. after 1 day on the greens i moved on to blues and on my second day riding switch i can competently sonnect turns on blue runs. just ive it some practice, you will pick it up much more quickly than youd think.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
sup, when i ride normal i feel fine but when i go into switch it seems hard for me to rotate back around and heel stop or just common things that i can do riding normal.

not really sure if theres a easy way about this but wasnt sure if its in my legs or what.... maybe not enough strength?
You learn it the same way you learned regular. Do it. A lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts