Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
Just saw this. Sad. Burton for better or worse helped shape snowboarding into what it is today. They were always a player. RIP

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Sad news... was kind of expecting it; but having dealt with the C several times within my family, keeping hope until the end is always the best approach. I wouldn't wish that battle on anyone...

On to a new era.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got a text from my 34 year riding partner on Jakes passing, what a shocker. The man and his company have put thousands of incredible memories that will never be forgotten with thousands more to come.

In the early days up here in the PNW and Mt Baker Burtons were not a popular board, but when local ripper Craig Kelly switched to Burton that hatred slowly vanished eventually getting me a Burton sponsorship. After competing for a couple years I eventually switched to several manufacturers but for the last 20+ years it has been Burton extensively.

Thanks again Jake and best of wishes to the family, it’s a sad day in snowboarding HISTORY

·
Registered
914 Posts
In honor and memory of Jake Burton,i purchased the Step-on boots and bindings and will be riding it this weekend. I do not have any burton boards in my quiver though i do have a Burton Hoodie coat. RIP Jake Burton.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts