Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Stevens can't get anymore crowded on the weekends. It's literally impossible. All this will really do is make more lots pay to park, give us better benefits with the epic pass, and maybe make it more crowded on a Tuesday 14" dump but I really doubt it. With Crystal getting bought also it really mitigates the increase to Stevens I hope. I spent the last season at Baker, and it's amazing. But the lifts are way to slow and they close to much good terrain during the week. On the weekends it's a shit show now. So I can get a season pass to Stevens and go to whislter 10 times for $700 bucks. That's a good deal to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
^^ That's my sentiment. I had bought my season pass last spring before the purchase was announced. So for $50 more I can go ride Wistler whenever. As for weekend parking and lines, early bird gets the turns.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just last week I received an email from Stevens Pass/Vail stating the new season passes are on “sale” now. My buddies and I made a bet as to how much more our Midweek only pass would go up. Our Midweek passes for the 20+ yrs has gone from $279 to last years price of $369, a killer deal four days of riding and its paid for it’s self, we were typically getting 5-10 days free each year.

Well that has all changed, I went to the website to see the new prices for the Epic Local Pass and was blown away to see $700 plus tax. Needless to say they received several angry emails from me and my buddies, part of the anger was them not even offering a Loyal Customer Pass for riders that have had passes for more then 20 yrs. I shocked and angered when I received Stevens Passes reply to my email, they stated that there is another pass being offered BUT it’s not mentioned anywhere on their site, has to be purchased in person yet none of us received an email mentioning these other passes and no mention of the price. The next day I called Stevens just to ask about these mysterious passes, one of them in called the Stevens Premium pass and the other the Stevens Select pass (midweek only) for $389, not sure of the Premium price.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Midweek pass (used to be called the Select I think) makes sense for me since I avoid Stevens during peak season weekends anyways--keep it to weekdays and off-peak weekends. But...there are days when it's snow showers or straight up rain locally, but it's cold and snowing above mid-mtn at Whistler. Making 2-3 trips up there makes the Epic Local a no brainer for me. Think I got around 30 pow days so far this season as a result.

Despite all the bitching from the SP snowboarders FB page kooks, nothing changed noticeably this season. Parking, crowds, lift ticket prices, blah blah blah has stayed on the same trend it's been on the past several years. Vail just announced that they're upgrading Brooks & Daisy to high speed quads next season which is great news even if you don't ride them. Will keep more beginners and park rats off of Sky & Hogs.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Will keep more beginners and park rats off of Sky & Hogs.
Heh, I'm all for the Daisy upgrade but with the Brooks upgrade I'm afraid the beginners will clog the park which is difficult to get to unless you ride Brooks or go down some double black runs.

The park runs are the best part about Stevens on the weekends, it's very rare to see beginners and slow skiers there.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts