Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an insight on DONEK BX risers verses gecko stealth risers. I know that the apex geckos r a half cm. Higher the the DONEKS. where the geckos stealth r split verses the DONEK one piece. Seems like the stealth would have better torsional flex. Downs they r way more expensive 鈽光樄馃弬. Feed back people

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That鈥檚 funny 馃お馃お馃お馃馃徎馃馃徎馃弬馃弬

Registered
Geckos look good. Palmer's change the board flex since they have a larger footprint than your bindings. Donek look alright, but idk if the plates are smaller footprint then the binders, there might be a some rocking of the soft boot bindings that might lead towards pulling out or stripping the threads out the inserts. So wondering if the Gecko will not interfere with the board's flex because of the arms and elimate the rocking of the bindings/insert issues. Or just diy some with some high density plastic or honey comb fiberglass; trace out your binding foot print and drill abunch of holes. (see the boot faq sticky, there is a pic of my diy 20mm risers.)

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Rip 154 palmers r plastic I don鈥檛 think that is a good idea 馃憥馃弬

Registered
All the expensive bushings are some sort of plastic, they are partly for dampening. Plain risers exist, shouldn't cost more than 50. But might be better to just make it yourself like Wraith. It's hacks in any case.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Yea LOL I HEAR YA DONUTZ 馃お馃お馃馃徎馃馃徎馃弬馃弬

1 - 13 of 13 Posts