Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I went out for my first day of the season yesterday and I was having a blast, that's until my bindings started to have problems. I bought these bindings brand new and yesterday was the first time I ever rode them. I completely washed out on my third run of the day and I didn't know what went wrong until I took a look at my bindings. My left binding toe strap strap came off 3 times last night in the middle of me going down the mountain. I also noticed that the forward lean on the same binding kept coming loose. These are the first bindings I've ever purchased and being faced with these problems on the first day out makes me pretty mad. Does anyone know of a solution to my problems or has anyone come across the same problems? These are last years models but they were new out of the box.

·
Registered
833 Posts
In my limited experience of riding one day with the rome bindings (mob) last year I wasn't impressed. Blew up on the very first run of the day, forward lean mechanism was shit and didn't work and toe straps snapped right off 2nd chair...bad luck? Maybe. Then they sent me out replacement parts, same thing happened next time using them. Back to dogfunk they immediately went. Not impressed with the quality at all. Doubt I'll ever ride rome bindings again. Search on here and you'll find many similar complaints about the Boss and their other bindings. They seem to skimp on forward lean for some reason...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I haven't had that problem with my 390s. Check to make sure everything is centered properly.

If you still have problems contact rome. They have been the best company for warranty that i have ever dealt with, inside snowboarding or out.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hey guys, so I went out for my first day of the season yesterday and I was having a blast, that's until my bindings started to have problems. I bought these bindings brand new and yesterday was the first time I ever rode them. I completely washed out on my third run of the day and I didn't know what went wrong until I took a look at my bindings. My left binding toe strap strap came off 3 times last night in the middle of me going down the mountain. I also noticed that the forward lean on the same binding kept coming loose. These are the first bindings I've ever purchased and being faced with these problems on the first day out makes me pretty mad. Does anyone know of a solution to my problems or has anyone come across the same problems? These are last years models but they were new out of the box.
What year? I have 2012s and the toe strap aren't the greatest. I heard they replaced them in 2013 and are better.

The forward lean is always getting loose on mine too. I heard nothing but great things about them then I bought them and then started to read all of the problems with them :laugh:

Dems are the breaks. Oh well paid 100 bucks used them for a season. Might use them a little more and grab a new set of something.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I had similar problems with my 390's early last season. I was pretty bummed out too. Rome sent me replacement parts and the problem stopped. I would have stopped buying Rome, but the bindings were great for the reason of the season. Hit up Rome or return them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just emailed them hopefully their amazing warranty department comes through. The binding was awesome and really comfortable, I just hope I get the problem solved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had similar problems with my '12 390 Boss.

- The forward lean adjuster kept coming loose, but fortunately I run them at 0 degrees most the time anyway so didn't matter to me.

- One of the screws to adjust the highback rotation came out the box already threaded and so I ended up rounding the square plastic hole in the highback when trying to make adjustments.

- All the paint came off the highback in a matter of days too. Oh, and one of the highbacks snapped in two (probably done by the lift though).

That said, Rome warranty people were really helpful and replaced the highback and screws without question. The bindings have been great since then - they're very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
2 things to check if your toe strap is sliding: you may need to use the other toe strap anchor point there are 2, also make sure you are using the same point on both sides. Verify that the toe strap is centered when tightened, if it's off to the side this can lead to slipping.

Less likely, but possible; your toe strap may be slipping due to diggers in the snow, this is a centering, stance, or board width issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts