Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First post in the forum but needed some advice. I'm 6'0" around 200lbs and currently ride a custom flying v 163cm. Honestly, I wish I would have just gotten the cambered version. I want something that will carve and be damp at high speeds. Right now I'm thinking the Rome Blur looks awesome and I've heard good things about the Capita Mercury a well. Any insight on the two boards would be helpful. Will plan on using the custom flying v for powder (only a couple trips to CO a year) and another board for ripping groomers. In the future will plan to get a powder teen, possibly battalion magic carpet, if anyone has insight on that board as well, please chime in. Any other suggestions welcome

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Aggressive chargy all mountain boards I like; Rome MTN Division, Ride Berzerker, Burton Deep Thinker, Jones Mtn Twin, Arbor Guch Camber or Rocker, or a Flow Blackout.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I own both, with Rome Targa bindings on each. They're both great boards. I only got the Blur at the end of last season so I hadn't ridden it at all until this past week at the local hill. I have a trip coming up at the end of this month and might take it along. I'm currently 180 lbs and ride the 157 Mercury and 159 Blur without issue or longing for more edge. My initial impression of the Blur is that it performs as billed.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
Ridden both, two separate boards.

Blur is setback camber and solid for ripping carves on a groomer and pushing it, plus does well in pow.

Mercury is softer and more a quiver of one type of board do everything.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Coatsworth,
Im about your size and I have a 162 Blur. Love it, the camber is great, holds and edge and rides better the faster you go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts