Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well another season is around the corner and a buddy of mine dropped by with his new setup he just got off clearance and I decided to help him set it up. Rome Artifact Rocker 158, Rome MOB Boss, and Thirty Two Lashed boots. The boots fit great to the bindings no gaps or strap issues. But the weird part was the fit of the bindings to the board. Seems that they were off center on the board from toe to heel. Seems and looked like they were too far on the heel side edge actually. So I used the discs to center them by using the slot in the disc turned so it was Toe to Heel and not normally across the length of the board. This seemed to center it but it seems both odd and wrong at the same time.

My issue is this; it's a Rome board using Rome bindings and they don't center up? There is no sole length udjustment on these so this is the only idea I could come up with besides using the heel cup to do it by leaving a gap between the heel loop and the high back. So here's the question to anyone using the MOB Boss; is it normal the binding isn't center and have you had to use the disc slot to correct this? Just trying to avoid issues on the hill first day out when that day comes. Thanks to any advice anyone can toss my way.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Well another season is around the corner and a buddy of mine dropped by with his new setup he just got off clearance and I decided to help him set it up. Rome Artifact Rocker 158, Rome MOB Boss, and Thirty Two Lashed boots. The boots fit great to the bindings no gaps or strap issues. But the weird part was the fit of the bindings to the board. Seems that they were off center on the board from toe to heel. Seems and looked like they were too far on the heel side edge actually. So I used the discs to center them by using the slot in the disc turned so it was Toe to Heel and not normally across the length of the board. This seemed to center it but it seems both odd and wrong at the same time.

My issue is this; it's a Rome board using Rome bindings and they don't center up? There is no sole length udjustment on these so this is the only idea I could come up with besides using the heel cup to do it by leaving a gap between the heel loop and the high back. So here's the question to anyone using the MOB Boss; is it normal the binding isn't center and have you had to use the disc slot to correct this? Just trying to avoid issues on the hill first day out when that day comes. Thanks to any advice anyone can toss my way.
It does not really matter where bindings are across the board. What is important is that the boots are centered.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not really matter where bindings are across the board. What is important is that the boots are centered.
The boots aren't centered, they look like they are too far to the heel side. I actually pushed the bindings closer to the toe side to center the boot. So both the toe and heel are even spaced across the board. I've never had to so that before and it's been a long time since I've mounted a pair that didn't have a sole length adjustment. But they appear even now across the board. Without someone riding it it's hard to say if that's the case though.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
So it is really simple:
  1. Center the boots across the board. If you have to use the disk with the channels across the board instead of longitudinally then do that.
  2. Adjust the position (and depending on year of the binding, the length) of the footbed, so that it lines up with the boot.
  3. Done.
Point is that with uni-body baseplates like on the Mob (as well as all Burton bindings, etc.) you have to move the entire binding across the board in order to center the boots, because there is no heel cup adjustment.
Adjusting the length of the footbed (which, incidentally, was possible on the 2012-13 Mob) is irrelevant for centering the boot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought... Like I said it's the first uni-body binding I've worked with in close to five years. So I wanted to make sure that's what I had to do. Thanks again for the advise. Looks like it's all set to go, he went with the 3.5 cant beds and the beds are right to the board edges so the pressure should be even distributed. Thanks again man.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That's what I thought... Like I said it's the first uni-body binding I've worked with in close to five years. So I wanted to make sure that's what I had to do. Thanks again for the advise. Looks like it's all set to go, he went with the 3.5 cant beds and the beds are right to the board edges so the pressure should be even distributed. Thanks again man.
yeah don't worry about it. I've mounted many bindings to many boards the past few years. Some are good to go right out of the box, some needed adjustment heel/toe wise. Some you can adjust the heelcup, some your stuck.

The one time I was not able to center it correctly was Raiden Blackhawks on a Coda. Just did not have the right adjustments (small mini-disc plus heelcup didn't move enough). But got it as close as I can and still had a blast and didn't even notice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts