Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a tie into a previous thread I started but I was looking over some boards that were recommended for me and came across a pretty good deal on a 2019 Rome National. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this board.

I was also curious if anyone had any idea where they make their boards and if there was a diffence In the quality between the two. this shop is offering the same board at 2 different prices, one of which is a 100 dollars cheaper with the only difference in the description is that one is made in Canada and the other is made in China? what gives?

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure about the difference in where they make them, although that sounds a bit weird...?

I'm pretty sure the 2019 is different from the 2020 and 2021 so when you're looking at reviews keep that in mind. I believe it was a bit stiffer with some different tech in there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The shape and flex changed from 2019 to 2020. Ever so slightly wider nose and slightly softened flex. Still medium+.
I owned a 2018 that is the same as the 2019. Good all round board.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2018 which is the same shape and flex are you 2019. I absolutely love it. You're right about 2018-2019 being made In Canada. I think maybe after they were bought by low pressure studios (Nidecker Fam) they switched to Dubai. I think they softened it up a tiny bit for 2020. The 2021 went back to a "7" rating because of there new holding for the "omega" hot rods, but the everything is probably the same. My 2018 doesn't even feel very stiff to me but I sized down a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2018 which is the same shape and flex are you 2019. I absolutely love it. You're right about 2018-2019 being made In Canada. I think maybe after they were bought by low pressure studios (Nidecker Fam) they switched to Dubai. I think they softened it up a tiny bit for 2020. The 2021 went back to a "7" rating because of there new holding for the "omega" hot rods, but the everything is probably the same. My 2018 doesn't even feel very stiff to me but I sized down a bit.
The question I have is why there is the same 2019 board on sale for different prices and one is made in CHINA and the other in Canada. The description ion, pictures, etc all otherwise look exactly the same. I'm thinking I just take a flier on the cheap China made board

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm not sure what factory that's coming out of, but I have a couple of Chinese made snowboards that are high quality.

·
638 Posts
I rode the 20 national with Flux PR bindings in Japan for around 5 days earlier this year. Solid board, didn't jump out at me although it handled everything well. Conditions were pretty ordinary for Japan so maybe that took a bit of the shine of everything for me. Spent most of the time just cruising with my daughter through groomers with a few runs in the park.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The question I have is why there is the same 2019 board on sale for different prices and one is made in CHINA and the other in Canada. The description ion, pictures, etc all otherwise look exactly the same. I'm thinking I just take a flier on the cheap China made board
What site/shop is this? it must be a typo... you could shoot an email directly to Rome and they will answer you. They didn't make the board in two different factories for the one year. I know the 2018 was made in Canada. The 2019 miiiight be china the site may have a typo or they are two different year boards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was Sierra trading post. the heavily discounted board Chinese (199) was gone when I went back to recheck. ended up buying the Canadian made board for 299. with a shot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive got bad back issues. Actually fighting another herniated disc now the causing some nerve compression and leg weakness so assuming I can get recovered by this winter i'm probably going to go with the Burton Step Ons to make it easier for me to get and get out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts