Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there know is there much difference between the two boards:huh: or is it just tech (try to decide)? I have done some research and I hear good things about both these boards, they seem to have similar characteristics. My friend rides a cambered agent and its a few seasons old and he really likes it, I'm looking for a mid flex board, can anyone shine some light???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks firlefranz, have you tried/ridden either of these boards? I'm looking for a kinda freestyle-all mountain board, I mostly ride powder and park, but thinking of getting something that I can use for ground tricks and jibbing though this isn't my highest priority. I currently ride a machete it's a good all round board, kickers, straight jibbing, charging-good but a little sketchy due to 0 camber, do-able 5-0's, it's just a little stiffer than I had thought.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Bonzo -

Good question. The Agent and Reverb are definitely in the same family of decks and have some similar characteristics.

The Agent has an almost twin shape which means it has a slightly longer nose than tail, but still rides like a twin on the contact points. This means the only time you'll notice a difference is when you are riding pow it'll be a little easier to keep your nose up. It's got some beefed up tech compared to the Reverb in terms of durability: extra thick edges, plus Pressure Pop tech for added power distribution and protection under the bindings to avoid core compression. It's also a tad stiffer than the Reverb.

The Reverb is a no-frills do-everything deck. It's a true mid flex, great for park, and cruising the whole hill. We also added a glass Hot Rod in the nose and tail for a bit more pop to your ollies and nollies.

You can't go wrong with either one - both standard camber and pretty bomb proof construction. It'll come down to your riding style and flex preference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ride a 2008/2009 rome graft, which I believe is the old reverb, and I love it. Kills the park and really good for jumps. I don't know anything about the agent though, so no help there. But Rome park boards are the shit, my 2 friends and I all rock em'; artifact rocker, artifact 1985, and graft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys, I can get either of these boards in my size 154/155 in the rocker version, but finding it difficult to get them in +camber (would size up a little), any issues with edge hold charging with mountain pop??, camber is a bit more precise. I am really torn between these two boards:huh:, true twin or nearly twin won't make much difference to me as I have ridden near twin boards in the passed (custom etc) doesn't really affect switch riding on the types of deck. I am slightly leaning towards the agent, but pants at making these decisions.:blowup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you want more of an all mountain board that does well in the park and pow go with the Agent. I've ridden a friends reverb rocker and found it being quite soft torsionally. It's a great do it all park board, but I wouldn't recommend it for charging groomers. Can't Speak for the cambered version, tho.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep think your right, I got the machette in order to try a different type of camber, don't get me wrong its a good solid fun board, jumps, straight rails and pow all good, I just don't love it, but it has served me well. Think I will go for the agent rocker as it might be the best of both worlds??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts