Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Peeps,

I need advice on which one to get..I know the Targas are stiffer flex.

-Im 6'4 195 size 12 US boot
-I am not the type to upgrade my snowboard every year more like 3 years so looking for ones to last.
-Im pretty much all mountain, Pow, groomers and use the mountain as my own personal park (retired park rider)

I am going to pair this with a NS legacy if that helps.

One question that I have about the targas, do they have the autostrap feature that the 390 bosses have?

Thanks..

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The Targas will ahve more adjustability than the 390 Boss, but not by a lot. Also, the highback is different. Judging by the fact that you come from a park riding background, I would suggest the 390 Boss over the Targas. Don't get me wrong though, the 390 Boss is still a solid binding and handles all mountain duties just fine. It's my everyday, everywhere binding. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Targas will ahve more adjustability than the 390 Boss, but not by a lot. Also, the highback is different. Judging by the fact that you come from a park riding background, I would suggest the 390 Boss over the Targas. Don't get me wrong though, the 390 Boss is still a solid binding and handles all mountain duties just fine. It's my everyday, everywhere binding. :)

Thx for the info! I remember you telling me that the 390 was your everyday binding. What year 390 boss are you riding? Have you ever had an issue with the highback adjuster? It looks like the Targa has a different highback adjuster?

Also do you know if the Targa has that auto strap feature like the 390 boss? Can't seem to find it listed anywhere but from pictures it looks like it does?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I'm on the 2013 390 Boss. I have had no issues with the highback adjuster. As for the auto strap feature being on the Targas, I'm not sure. It seems pretty likely that it would be though since the Targa is a high end binding for Rome.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is the very first tech detail listed on the on the website...

HaHa so it is!! Thanks man.. I was looking at the leftside on the features, because on the 390 boss description there is a nice picture and explanation and in every review they mention it on the boss but not the targa!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm on the 2013 390 Boss. I have had no issues with the highback adjuster. As for the auto strap feature being on the Targas, I'm not sure. It seems pretty likely that it would be though since the Targa is a high end binding for Rome.
NW how do you like the 390 boss on the NS heritage? I am leaning toward a NS legacy due to it being the wide version of the SL.. why did you go heritage over legacy?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I love the 390 Boss on the Heritage. They match up really nice. I went Heritage over Legacy because that's what NS sent me to ride and report back on. I have a Proto for for messing around on groomers and such, and I have a few other task specific boards from a few different brands. I find myself going to the Heritage more than the others though. It's just a solid freeride deck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx im going to move this to PM since im deviating from the original thread topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts