Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have been rocking my Cartels x2 for years. Been using them on all my boards for a long time, but it's time to upgrade. Also, I noticed it's damaging the top sheets of my boards.

I am 174cm, about 65kg with US8 ion.

My current boards are Dancehaul, Korua Otto and Ravine. I like to do everything, but being in Australia, I have very little pow unless I can travel overseas. Mostly, hard charge/carve, abit of park etc.

I managed to score a pair of Katana before the price gone up, so they are abit out of my budget. I am looking at Nitro team pro or Vice to be a good spare/do it all.

I like the idea of a more cushion/supportive from the team pro, especially for the ravine to save my knee. But the customisation on the vice....

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Hey @awsmchan and welcome - I’m a big fan of the K2 Lien AT’s. not sure the budget, pretty sure I picked mine up for under $250 AUD EOS a couple of seasons ago, they’re great for me. I’m running them on all boards, they’re pretty adaptable but tbh tomorrow will be the first day I’ll run them without the heel block in so I’m interested to see what feel they give on the Dada.

Great quiver by the way also

Reactions: WigMar

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey @awsmchan and welcome - I’m a big fan of the K2 Lien AT’s. not sure the budget, pretty sure I picked mine up for under $250 AUD EOS a couple of seasons ago, they’re great for me. I’m running them on all boards, they’re pretty adaptable but tbh tomorrow will be the first day I’ll run them without the heel block in so I’m interested to see what feel they give on the Dada.

Great quiver by the way also
Wow that's an amazing deal! Keep us posted on how you find it afterward!

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Good options might be the Arbor Cypress. Still a good price, similar stiffness to the Teams.
Vice's are good, they're one of my go to's that I ride on a range of boards. Great match to the Ravine and Dancehaul, may be a little soft for the Otto. But then again your're coming off of Cartels which with ReFlex are still somewhat soft latteraly. I'd go Vice personally.

Reactions: awsmchan

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a little confused. Do you already have the Rome Katana?? If so, get the Vice. It will have a similar fit and feeling. Just not as customization as the Katana.
Katanas are fantastic binding to get things dialed in. If you're going for more carving, I'd recommend a full wrap binding than the asym wrap which is more tweakable. Something like the DOD is a full wrap. I have full wraps (Boss 390s) on my stiffer decks to help drive those more for example.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
I'm a little confused. Do you already have the Rome Katana?? If so, get the Vice. It will have a similar fit and feeling. Just not as customization as the Katana.
This, Vice is just a little brother to the Katana. As someone that rides 3 pairs of Black Labels and tests everything, when I get on the Katanas or Vices it feels so similar except in the straps and even that is negligible it's like I never switched bindings. Frankly I should probably just be riding Vices because for the price they're a super solid binding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This, Vice is just a little brother to the Katana. As someone that rides 3 pairs of Black Labels and tests everything, when I get on the Katanas or Vices it feels so similar except in the straps and even that is negligible it's like I never switched bindings. Frankly I should probably just be riding Vices because for the price they're a super solid binding.
Only dif I see between Katanas and Vice is the canted footbed. They look exactly the same imo. Katanas have the canted footbed and vices don't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts