Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an Omni cheap toward the end of the season. I love it. Camrock is my jam.

I have only ridden the Omni on spring/summer slush, but it seems a bit soft in flex to be an all mountain charger. To that end I'm looking to pick up a stiffer camrock deck that will eat up crud and rip pow. I found a 2012 Rossignol Angus super cheap. Anyone have comparative experience on these two decks? Obviously I don't want to pick up the Angus if it's almost the same as the Omni. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Other considerations:
Capita BSOD, DBX or TFkA
Yes The Greats or PYL

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
It is stiffer for sure, but I'd really shoot for some more difference and try and snag a PYL.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought a 12 Angus and loved it. It did crack though, and Rossi sent me a 14 model as a replacement. I rode that and a 11 Ride DH2 and I liked the Angus much more. I love the R/C/R profile. This year I bought a Capita Stairmaster Extreme, DC Ply, & a Ride Machete so the Angus will have some competition, but for now it's my go to board. I love the 14 model.

My friend who only rides Libs loved the Angus. He couldn't believe it was made by Rossignol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I bought a 12 Angus and loved it. It did crack though, and Rossi sent me a 14 model as a replacement. I rode that and a 11 Ride DH2 and I liked the Angus much more. I love the R/C/R profile. This year I bought a Capita Stairmaster Extreme, DC Ply, & a Ride Machete so the Angus will have some competition, but for now it's my go to board. I love the 14 model.

My friend who only rides Libs loved the Angus. He couldn't believe it was made by Rossignol.
Nice. How does it compare in flex to the DH2? DH2 is supposed to be pretty stiff right?

Basically I'm looking for a R-C-R board to eat up the rutted out chunder after a pow day gets skied out. Nice stable, plow through anything without getting bucked around deck.

...I guess I just repeated my original post.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The DH2 is more stiff than the Angus. You hold a edge much better on the Angus. I have some new boards to try this year, but I have a feeling I'll come back to the Angus. I ride 50% park and 50 free riding

1 - 7 of 7 Posts