Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I do not need a powder board (or any board for that matter). I have a Mind Expander 158 and a Surfari 161.
My justification for a Sushi are (on no order of importance):
  • My brother do not have a powder board and I am a nice guy so we'll share the quiver
  • I want to experiment different shapes and the board will be available on good deals
  • I have been looking at the Sushi for 2/3 years, love the topsheet this year, hate the next one.

I imagine it will see the most actions on resort pow tree days when snow could be hard in places and I feel the need for more grip than the ME.

Happy to hear about your opinion and to know your specs.

I am 85kg (187 lbs), 1.8m, size boots 11US.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't need a Sushi but I keep looking at it too! I got a cool bean that my brother loves to ride, and we had way better pow days this year because I was sharing. I ended up giving it to him. I'd like to try the larger cool bean, and I'm still interested in the Sushi. For how cheap they're getting, why not get one?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For how cheap they're getting, why not get one?
First reason, why would I not take a few of those advices from the wise people here on the forum!!!
Second, there seems to be quite a few out of there so monitoring prices at the moment. Was thinking I'll use the time to open a chat about the board.
Third, yes you guessed it, this is just a matter of time!
And I may use the "savings" to get a pair of Lien AT.

Cheers!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have it, I ride it, I love it. I'm 175cm/78kg +gear, athletic build. I have the 145 -18.
Turning in hardpack is fun, but higher speeds makes the nose flap around and it isn't that stable. Turning in powder is really fun, best in tight trees. Steep and deep is also really easy, but you have to ride a bit slower compared to longer boards. It sucks on moguls, but I don't ride moguls so..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And we can at least talk about snowboards until we get a chance to ride again :)
Exactly!
And live with the risk that this may induce us into buying a new board.

I have it, I ride it, I love it. I'm 175cm/78kg +gear, athletic build. I have the 145 -18.
Turning in hardpack is fun, but higher speeds makes the nose flap around and it isn't that stable. Turning in powder is really fun, best in tight trees. Steep and deep is also really easy, but you have ride a bit slower compared to longer boards. It sucks on moguls, but I don't ride moguls so..
Thanks.
I am sure I'll love it.
What kind of bindings do you pair it with?
I plan to use K2 Lien AT or Now Pilots.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I really dig K2's tripod frame on the Lien AT and the Lineup. I can't decide if I want another pair of lineups or Liens, but I'm about to be all tripod frame. I'd recommend K2 if you want the Sushi to feel surfy.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have a sushi. Boy is it fun in deep powder. Floats like a dream. Launch off a roller and land into a pillow to pop right up again. Turns great in tight spaces.

But it’s a pretty one dimensional board. Out of powder in chopped up crud it’s better to swap out boards. It’s not stable nor fun on crud at speed.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I had the 1st year rossignol sushi a few years back and sold it, have tried like 4-5 other short fats and I gotta say I think I still like the sushi the best, they are on closeout on evo right now for 300, will probably pull the trigger on the white one this week

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Everyone!

Have posted in a few months but back and gearing up for the season (I have to at least pretend we'll have one...).

The price for a Sushi is where I wanted it to be so about to pull the trigger.

Just wanna confirm if people think as to if my size 11 US boots will fit at the back insert. It is actually not that wide but should compare to my Mind Expander 158 I guess.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Have posted in a few months but back and gearing up for the season (I have to at least pretend we'll have one...).

The price for a Sushi is where I wanted it to be so about to pull the trigger.

Just wanna confirm if people think as to if my size 11 US boots will fit at the back insert. It is actually not that wide but should compare to my Mind Expander 158 I guess.

Thanks a lot!
In my experience, anything with a tail larger than your foot size will work. In powder it will be ok for sure.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have one. It’ll be fine for powder and trees. Any other conditions, grab another board. I have size 9 but plenty of width.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts