Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing help deciding if I purchased the correct size board. I weigh about 140 lbs and am 5’6”. I would consider myself a beginner/intermediate- Very comfortable on green runs and working on those blues. I purchased a Rossignol Frenemy 147 cm but am worried that it’s not the right size after seeing the size chart on the board after it was delivered. When I rented this year the boards were all 147s so that’s what I based my purchase on. Is it worth returning for a longer board?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, I hired a 147 Frenemy board (2015 version I think) last year in NZ. I think it depends what kind of riding you will be doing but I was 165 lbs at the time, riding mostly groomers and a little bit of fresher snow (definitely not really powder) and the board was great.
I was cursing down blue runs on this board and started taking it into the baby park.

Others may be able to help as I am only intermediate myself, but I feel like unless your aiming for deeper snow/powder you will be fine on this board.

·
Registered
963 Posts
My first board was really short because it was easy to learn on. I had to upgrade to a properly sized board the next season. So you can keep it then sell it once you progress or you can buy a properly sized one now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lifting this thread :) My daughter thinks of buying the Frenemy for use in both slopes and powder. She is 5´5" and 112 lbs. Rides ok, can take any slopes but prefer red/blue, very little powder experience. Which length do you think would be best for her?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’ve just bought a Frenemy 144 for my girlfriend who is around 125 lbs. A step-up from her Nitro Lectra 142. She has like 20 days on snow and skids her turns properly and should start some carving this season if I push her. I think you could get 142/144 as I picked it for her to be a bit on the smaller side. The board is basically One LF for girls. My beaten up One LF is 157W and at my 85 kg being athletic does not feel too small at all even at Euro carves. The board is really stable, feels damp but not dead and allows to charge well enough for me so I don’t see her outgrowing it as she rides only 10-15 days a season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts