Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I was interested in the snowboard Rossignol One LF but I have doubts about the size of the snowboard.

I am 1.90m, I weight 70kg and my foot size is 45EU-11US.

I don't know if to choose the size 159 or 161W. About bindings Which you recommend me for a majority use of piste and some off-piste (if possible). I would like them to be adjustable.

Thanks, bye.

P.D: Sorry for my english, i am from spain.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's what Rossi's size chart says. I'm around 72kg & have the 156. Are you 100% certain your boots are the right size? It might be worth double checking using @Wiredsports posts for reference. You wouldn't be the first person to discover their boots are a size too big, even when measured by a boot fitter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what Rossi's size chart says. I'm around 72kg & have the 156. Are you 100% certain your boots are the right size? It might be worth double checking using @Wiredsports posts for reference. You wouldn't be the first person to discover their boots are a size too big, even when measured by a boot fitter.
I measured my feets. It measure about 28'5 cm. For example i use in nike size 11us, 45eu 10uk. In snowboard boots i use 11us or 11.5us, depends of brand. It is about 30cm of boots.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think the 153 is definitely too small.
You could probably be on the 156, 159 or 157W depending on what you want and your skills level. If you are comfortable with a wider board, I would do the 157W, less boot out, more float.
I am pro wide board but as advised you should check you real boot size first.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You could probably be on the 156, 159 or 157W depending on what you want and your skills level. If you are comfortable with a wider board, I would do the 157W, less boot out, more float.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I measure my feets, it is about 28.5cm so my size is 11us.

I think 157w is also small, right? 159 is right? Or better 161w?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm 70kg 170cm and I ride the very similar Rossi Jibsaw 153 in size 10 US boots, in fact I think it came from Spain (SnowInn.com ?). I'd say the 153 is too small for you, the 156 would be ok but the 159 probably better long term. In hindsight I wish I'd bought the One rather than the Jibsaw, but either way I wouldn't want to loose the boards nimbleness by going wide.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am 84kgs and an advanced rider. I would pick the 161W for myself.
You could definitely ride it, but I feel if you need to go that big, maybe you need more of a freeride board.
Between the 159 and the 157W, you lose some effective edge but get more width for your boots, I would do 157W but that is just me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm 70kg 170cm and I ride the very similar Rossi Jibsaw 153 in size 10 US boots, in fact I think it came from Spain (SnowInn.com ?). I'd say the 153 is too small for you, the 156 would be ok but the 159 probably better long term. In hindsight I wish I'd bought the One rather than the Jibsaw, but either way I wouldn't want to loose the boards nimbleness by going wide.
I think i will get 159 so... How i can know what is the measure of nose/tail or table i need for my size shoe
Yes, snowinn is from Spain

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am 84kgs and an advanced rider. I would pick the 161W for myself.
You could definitely ride it, but I feel if you need to go that big, maybe you need more of a freeride board.
Between the 159 and the 157W, you lose some effective edge but get more width for your boots, I would do 157W but that is just me.
I should rent table but never i choose it, shop rent choose it for me hehehe

i ride all piste (for example in Andorra). I like go down turn and also straight. For it i think will be better 161w or 159. 157w is more wide than 159 but maybe short,right?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’d go 157W. At my size 85 kg 10 US (277 mm feet) it feels just right in 157W as a versatile all mountain board that is still nimble. At your weight I doubt you will feel you need a bigger one. I Euro carve and I can’t recall washing on it, probably cos of an extra grip from the magnetraction. Imo don’t upsize it, it’s not a full blown freeride board and I don’t see a reason to try to push it there with upsizing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I’d go 157W. At my size 85 kg 10 US (277 mm feet) it feels just right in 157W as a versatile all mountain board that is still nimble. At your weight I doubt you will feel you need a bigger one. I Euro carve and I can’t recall washing on it, probably cos of an extra grip from the magnetraction. Imo don’t upsize it, it’s not a full blown freeride board and I don’t see a reason to try to push it there with upsizing.
So better 157w than 159?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I read a review and i'm afraid 157 will be short. I know I have a lot of height but little weight and that allows me to take shorter boards.

I think I used some 158 for rent but I don't remember hahaha.

Any suggestions on bindings?

·
Registered
123 Posts
What is your skills level? Do you do jumps? What kind of powder do you see?
The only reason you should go bigger is if you ride mostly steep or deep. And if that was the case, you would probably be looking at other boards.
I am 84kgs (and 1.8), just bought a 159W (Tom Sims Pro) as my daily driver.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Honestly, at your weight you just need to pick the smallest board that'll fit your boots. That should be more than long enough since riders of your height/shoe size tend to be heavier.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts