Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Rossi XV and a Lib Tech Orca, so am looking for a responsive and aggressive binding to match these aggressive boards, specifically the XV, because that thing is very stiff and aggressive. Was thinking of the Step On's with Photon boots, but was wondering if anyone has experience with those, or if they a good pairing for the 2 boards. I currently have the Now Drives, and love the responsiveness with the skate tech, however, I find them uncomfortable, and I am not the most flexible, so strapping in is a pain. Let me know if you guys have any input or experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I read the thread title and thought to myself two serious boards and he wants to pair them with step ons? Seriously? I'm sure they are great in certain situations and for certain people but they cannot match say regular Photons and a pair of X Base for absolute performance. If you have other priorities then great.

I'm about to go back and properly read your post. Slice of humble pie at the ready.

·
Super Moderator
6,399 Posts
I'm about to suggest something controversial: work on your flexibility. Seriously, all you need to do is touch your toes for one minute, once or twice per day. That's enough for your flexibility to improve over time, unless there's some other health issue interfering. If that health issue is a big gut, there's a fix for that as well.

This isn't just me being holier-than-thou, either. There are good reasons for being in shape, for having some flexibility if you're going to be doing something like snowboarding. Injury prevention, better stamina, etc.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I got my self a pair of Photon step ons this season. I'm not going to discard my old Photons and my XF/GenesisX but I'm certainly going to mount the Step ons on all my boards to see if they work out.

The main reason for getting the Step ons was to not make my kids wait for me to strap in, but I'll freely admit it's going to be nice just getting off the lift and go... if it works as intended.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm with the "improve your flexibility" camp. If, in time, I can sort out a horribly bad lower back (seriously, I would have to pull over on road trips every half hour, to stretch out my back, I was in constant pain), then you can sort out your flexibility issues, serious prior conditions notwithstanding.

Especially if you're now working from home, there are plenty of pockets of opportunity, to get in some stretching!

·
Super Moderator
6,399 Posts
I've had an Apple watch for a while, and it's amazing for that type of thing. I have a reminder app that nags me four times a day to stretch, and the timer has a preset for 1 minute. Get up, stretch for 1 minute, go back to what I was doing. I've been doing that since May or June and I've gone from barely touching my toes to being able to hook my fingers under my feet and pull down farther.

·
638 Posts
I've had an Apple watch for a while, and it's amazing for that type of thing. I have a reminder app that nags me four times a day to stretch, and the timer has a preset for 1 minute. Get up, stretch for 1 minute, go back to what I was doing. I've been doing that since May or June and I've gone from barely touching my toes to being able to hook my fingers under my feet and pull down farther.
Yeah best thing I ever purchased was a Garmin Watch, has all my gym sessions, stretching, riding programs, so much more and even a ski/snowboard tracker for when I'm on the mountain. Would be lost without my watch which not many people say these days.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've gone from barely touching my toes to being able to hook my fingers under my feet and pull down farther.
When you say that, why do I get an image of Jim Carey "puttin' out the vibe" in my head? :D

Yeah best thing I ever purchased was a Garmin Watch, has all my gym sessions, stretching, riding programs, so much more and even a ski/snowboard tracker for when I'm on the mountain. Would be lost without my watch which not many people say these days.
Shit I think I might have the same one - Garmin Instinct, with totally customisable watch face, favourite activities etc etc? If so, yeah it's a pretty nifty little unit!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have flow nx2 on my xv. Badass setup. Responsive as fuck.
+1 on the Flow NX2, they quick and easy to get in and out of and still act like a traditional binding. I've been riding the flow NX series for years, just got a new set of NX2 last year for my Warpig, they are great.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I downloaded an app called gowod (crossfit stretching app) it reminds you to do your stretches every day. It also gives you pre and post workout stretches depending on your movements. It works on your weak spots. I have gone from less then 50% mobility to 75% in less than a year. You can choose a quick stretch routine or a longer one. I am tall (5'11) and coming off a back injury I could only touch my shins when bending over, now I can almost put my hands flat on the floor.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to or make any money off of the app. Just a happy customer sharing the stretch :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts