Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Well theres a white one at least, was hoping the other 3 sizes are red, blu and black. Unless they decide on one color each year.

·
Registered
621 Posts
@Phedder you read my mind, holding speed for a flatter runout is exactly why I asked. ~75 kmh is enough to keep 99.9% of the traffic behind me in the traffic jam I ride in.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Tweaks: Because I always have to think about tweaking things... And really the only changes I would make, and I'm crossing my fingers Salomon does this, is add a Pro version of it to their line. They have the Assassin Pro, Huck Knife Pro, have done Villain and Super 8 Pro etc. Give this board the same treatment, slightly lighter, stiffer, and snappier core with a higher end base.
I had the exact same thought. Seeing how well it has been received, I am almost certain they will roll out a Pro soon.

Great review. Nice pics, too.

Makes me think of the Jones Stratos.... they seem somewhat similar in intended riding...
From my limited time on both, Stratos was a little more lively, even slightly bucky in uneven terrain. Dancehaul was smoother, probably because of the width but also the construction seemed mellower.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I would totally ride that silver dancehaul, I can practically see the cocaine residue on it!
Still haven’t seen the red one, where can I check that out?

·
Registered
82 Posts
great review.
This was the first board i wanted this season and the only one i havnt got!
ive eyed it off time and again but went for different oiptions. yes the Y 157, nidecker ultralight 158 , telos backslash 153, ,, etcetc..... i just dinth think this wud be a stable enough baord with enough stiffness to hold up in good pow as a nall rounder, the ones i ahve are fine but im still looking for a better option.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm u might just have pushed me back to this.

in a word. you think this cud handle heavy (112 kg) and be a daqily driver in al but great conds ?
im still looking for a fun stick that doesnt buck about

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
in a word. you think this cud handle heavy (112 kg) and be a daqily driver in al but great conds ?
im still looking for a fun stick that doesnt buck about
If you're looking for fun and playful at that weight then it will do the job well, but edgehold on firmer snow will definitely be lacking, but that's just the physics of it. For a board under 160cm that you could still have fun on in most conditions I'd say it's a good pick, just factor in you've got an extra 22kg on me. What did you think about those other boards you tried? I'd think the Optimistic would be better suited than the Y?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great review, so much details!

@Yeahti87 I hate you now for not showing me this board first :p That used one was a fcking steal ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Doesn’t matter who owns it, my bud will let you ride it :) Once we can ride again...
Yeah, but after reading this post...I want to OWN it xDDD
Seems similar to my Dropout, I need to test it ASAP.

·
Registered
215 Posts
How does this compare to the Korua TF? I'm torn between Dancehaul or Trannyfinder 157s...

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How does this compare to the Korua TF? I'm torn between Dancehaul or Trannyfinder 157s...
Very different boards. What type of riding are you wanting to do, and where do you ride? I haven't ridden the TF but really want to! Been tempted to buy a 163 Stealth.
Dancehaul is going to be the most versatile, Trannyfinder will definitely be more aggressive. It's got more camber, more stiffness, more edge, more sidecut. If you want to charge around the mountain and lay trenches go with the TF. If you want to charge around the mountain, lay trenches, but do it in a playful way, hit the park and ride switch more, go with the dancehaul.

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts