Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I like Salomon but had no clue they were putting out a pro version of this board (I see it's an Evo exclusive, that's why).
I love the look of this one way better than the regular version.

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
@Phedder totally called it in his review. And its a stunner!
I'm both happy and sad because it's Evo exclusive hah. I've got the regular 152 on the way for this seasons party boarding. Hoping they make this in the full size run and available through Salomon for next season so I can get the 157 Pro too!

Would the 152 work for someone who weighs 140lb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely, with the pro construction it should push it a little more to the freeride side of things at that weight.

Reactions: Jkb818

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I got the Pro last week and have 2 days on it now. I also have the standard version on the way, so I feel a little irresponsible coming in without a proper comparison reference point but, here goes!
Ridden with: Rome Katanas & K2 Maysis Boots
My Stats:
5'8" 193 lbs and size 9 boot.
Intermediate to advanced All-Mountain/Intermediate Freestyle
I'm trying to give this some perspective as an experienced (22 yrs riding averaging about 30 days a year), but rather average rider.
Conditions: Chopped up & icy groomers.

First impressions were that this thing is suuuper fun! Grips better than I expected in icy night riding conditions.
Flex felt medium-ish and was relatively similar to my Capita Mega Merc, but perhaps just a touch softer.
Was pretty snappy and also much more damp/stable than I was expecting. For reference, yesterday I rode this and my K2 Alchemist 163 and shockingly, my fastest speeds of the day were on the Dancehaul Pro by a significant margin. As I said, it had better edge hold than I was expecting given the conditions and allowed me to really lay it over and rip a turn.

It was most fun on edge, but also was great on side hits & gaps and rode pretty darn well switch when I popped a few 180's.

I'm hoping to ride the standard version and put together a more detailed and proper review & comparison. I will follow up with that and some photos as soon as possible.

If any of you all are in the area or coming through and want to ride, just hit me up!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I got the Pro last week and have 2 days on it now. I also have the standard version on the way, so I feel a little irresponsible coming in without a proper comparison reference point but, here goes!
Ridden with: Rome Katanas & K2 Maysis Boots
My Stats:
5'8" 193 lbs and size 9 boot.
Intermediate to advanced All-Mountain/Intermediate Freestyle
I'm trying to give this some perspective as an experienced (22 yrs riding averaging about 30 days a year), but rather average rider.
Conditions: Chopped up & icy groomers.

First impressions were that this thing is suuuper fun! Grips better than I expected in icy night riding conditions.
Flex felt medium-ish and was relatively similar to my Capita Mega Merc, but perhaps just a touch softer.
Was pretty snappy and also much more damp/stable than I was expecting. For reference, yesterday I rode this and my K2 Alchemist 163 and shockingly, my fastest speeds of the day were on the Dancehaul Pro by a significant margin. As I said, it had better edge hold than I was expecting given the conditions and allowed me to really lay it over and rip a turn.

It was most fun on edge, but also was great on side hits & gaps and rode pretty darn well switch when I popped a few 180's.

I'm hoping to ride the standard version and put together a more detailed and proper review & comparison. I will follow up with that and some photos as soon as possible.

If any of you all are in the area or coming through and want to ride, just hit me up!
Yeah I’m gonna have to pull the trigger on one. I’m 170lb and was thinking the 147. Any comparisons to the yup?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Yeah I’m gonna have to pull the trigger on one. I’m 170lb and was thinking the 147. Any comparisons to the yup?

Flex is pretty similar between the pro and my 157.5 Yup. On edge, the Yup wants to make a little bit tighter turns. DH Pro is a tad more damp than the Yup as well. I felt like the snap was a little more accessible on the dancehaul when popping in flats, but both do well off of features and side hits.

They have some similarities for sure and neither one are boards I like to get off of on any given day. I will say this. I rode the Yup and the DH Pro both on an icy night where everything was chopped up and crusty. I took the Yup back to the car and spent the rest of the night on the Dancehaul.

I won’t be giving up either deck but I like the DH better by a significant margin in harder snow conditions. Could just be me. I’d take either one as a one board solution if I had to.

if you want specific attributes compared let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had my first day on the DH Pro, 152. Loved it. I'm 5"10 175 lbs, size 12 boots. I rode Union Atlas bindings.

Did not feel any toe or heel drag and got it over on its side pretty far. Carving is fun. Flex is more Medium+ than stiff. Base is quick. Fairly stable at speed. Took a few small jumps, Board landed well. Turns quickly in the trees and moguls.

I really like the board and recommend it. Super fun. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts