Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was able to try on some boots today and noticed that Salomon boots seemed to fit my feet good and give me great heelhold. The store didn't have much to choose from and so I'm thinking about giving these a try. Here's some links: Salomon F3.0 Boot Review | The Good RideThe Good Ride Salomon Snowboards F3.0 Snowboard Boot - Men's | Backcountry.com

So what do you guys think about the design. If I understand correctly they don't have the traditional tongue, and instead have the three straps. Please let me know what you think. I would love to try these on in person but I need a new pair quick and the closest store is 1.5 hrs. away. :(

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
As long as the boot fits your foot I don't doubt the strap system. I had F20's (previous gen F boots) and never had the laces slip. The lace locking system is solid. I would worry a little bit about trying on salomons in the store then ordering a fusion type boot online. Since the F boots don't have a separate liner they fit differently. There is less fudge room with sizing with these then traditional boots with removable liners.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as the boot fits your foot I don't doubt the strap system. I had F20's (previous gen F boots) and never had the laces slip. The lace locking system is solid. I would worry a little bit about trying on salomons in the store then ordering a fusion type boot online. Since the F boots don't have a separate liner they fit differently. There is less fudge room with sizing with these then traditional boots with removable liners.
Do you know if run any smaller or bigger in size? I tried on the Salomon faction boots if that helps.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
In my experience all the Salomon stuff I have ever had runs true to mondo sizing when it comes to length. Measure your foot in cm and that is the right size. The problem comes when it comes to width and foot volume. The fact that the F boots don't have a removable liner means a lot of the little thing you can do to improve fit are taken away.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. I just checked on backcountry and they say it has a removable liner.?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do yourself (and your feet) a favor and make the drive.
Actually, I just checked their website and I've already been to two of the three dealers in my state(all dick's sporting goods) and one store had a few salomon boots and the other didn't even have snowboarding equipment:mad:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Hot Ice, how did these boots pan out for you?

I'm thinking about going Salomon as well. Hows the flex, I want a medium flex, but some are saying these are stiff??

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've bought the F3.0 (size 11.5) a couple of weeks ago and love them.

They are definately stiffer than my Deeluxe Rough Diamond. I would rate them smth around 6 maybe 7/10.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've bought the F3.0 (size 11.5) a couple of weeks ago and love them.

They are definately stiffer than my Deeluxe Rough Diamond. I would rate them smth around 6 maybe 7/10.
How much do you weigh if you dont mind me asking?

I kind of wanted something around the 6 mark, because I'm a solid 185 and I feel like I can flex boots more easily then someone say 165.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm around 80kg which is like 175lbs if my converter is correct. I believe the F3.0s will be great for you. They really aren't that stiff. I'm using them for two weeks now and they still feel as good as on the first day. They might even soften up a little when time passes.

PS: I'm the same guy you are asking in this thread: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/62242-anyone-tried-deeluxe-brisse-2.html#post828098
lol whooppps didnt realize that.

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, I like them as well. They are still slightly tight on my feet, but not to bad. I think I would rate them about a 7 on stiffness as well. I love the adjustability they have and how quick you can get in and out of them. I weigh about 165 if that helps.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I just checked on backcountry and they say it has a removable liner.?
They lie. I have the F4.0s and that thing does not come out. Taken it to a few boot fitters and they were all surprised. I'm kind of annoyed by that.

Hard to advise on boots though. I had a problem with the instep and pinching the tendon on top of my foot, particularly when flexing the ankles. Had a boot fitter bend the tongue and it is much better now. No complaints about the wrap/lacing thing, but I've only taken them out twice.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Does anybody know where I can take a look at the different Salomon liners? I've searched the web and found nothing. I'm interested an the f3.0 or f4.0 for next season but I hate getting boots without ever seeing the liner. Too many unpleasant experiences with that in the past...

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Does anybody know where I can take a look at the different Salomon liners? I've searched the web and found nothing. I'm interested an the f3.0 or f4.0 for next season but I hate getting boots without ever seeing the liner. Too many unpleasant experiences with that in the past...
How are you expecting to get a picture of a non-removable liner? Do you want to see the inside? Or are you hoping that somebody has cut up a boot?

·
Registered
448 Posts
How are you expecting to get a picture of a non-removable liner? Do you want to see the inside? Or are you hoping that somebody has cut up a boot?
Yes, for the sake of helpfulness I was expecting at least five of you guys to cut up your boots...

Some companies offer drawings, graphics or some kind of visual representation of their liners so you can see how they're built. That's what I'm looking for.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts