Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tempted by a new but very cheap Sickstick 157 from 2019. Was wondering if anyone has experience with one in recent years? I guess its fallen off the radar what with most brands having a very similar (copy) model these days. I'm thinking Jones Stratos (almost identical), Capita Kazu, Nitro Fusion etc. Basically a pow friendly all mountain freestyle board. Is it still worth considering?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm interested in this exact same question. More looking at the first call 151 for a more playful/tree board.

Also, @evocrew is posting here now? Interesting.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm interested in this exact same question. More looking at the first call 151 for a more playful/tree board.

Also, @evocrew is posting here now? Interesting.

I weight quite a lot and have the First Call 162. I decided to get another board for powder, but still has the First Call 162. Been thinking of getting a Sickstick for a long time now... just never got around to it.

I did buy the First Call 151 after having tried the Slush Slasher 151. So now I have two First Call. The First Call 151 is supposed to be my playful board for riding with my kids and in the trees. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but first chance on snow I'm taking it out. I like the First Call 162 a lot, it was my first board and I still think it's fun to ride. So far I've always brought it with me on trips as a backup board it works in most conditions and if I'm tired it's the board I'm going to ride. Riding a Tracer or a Pencil is a more exciting experience, but if you just want to have fun and be on the mountain, the First Call is an excellent choice. You can ride it switch (even if I'm generally useless doing that).

It's fun that they made the different lengths so different from each others when you look at width and sidecut radius. You could have a quiver of three with the old First Call / Sickstick :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
@Snowdaddy Thanks for the feedback. That's my current choice between the First Call and Slush Slasher 151, or a Party Platter. My Maelstrom and Surfari will cover almost all of the other days.

Please let me know when you finally get out on the 151 -- it doesn't feel like many people talk about this board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts