Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I posted another thread about a similar question but im not getting any replies:sad:,so ill make the question simpler.

Im 6'2", 174lbs, and shoe size 12US

Can i pull off a Salomon The Villain 155W for all mountain snowboarding, mainly jumps, jibs, carving, and a bit of pow? or is it too short for me?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Yes you can. It's a touch short, but you're really light for your height.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Well I'm no pow expert, but from what I've researched a longer stick is going to ride pow better than a short one, but I'm sure you knew that already. You're gaining surface area by going w.... At the end of te day, it's going to come down to preference. I'm 230 and rode a 164w this year cuz I didn't know any better. (thought I needed the w for my weight). Next year I'll be on a 161 regular. That longer board is going to be heavier, which will affect your edge transition time.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I'm about the same weight and shoe size. I actually rented a Villian for a day 2 weeks ago and really liked it. I had a 158 and it felt like the perfect length to me for basically the same needs as you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the 158 wide would be perfect for my weight, but since the 155 wide is around £100 cheaper in the UK (different websites), id rather make due with the shorter board, and maybe focus on buttering, jibbing and jumps a bit more, as I've done mostly carving and pow until now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm 185cm, 79 kg and ride a never summer Heritage X 156.
Great board and size...is fast edge to edge and turn fast into the trees.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
884 Posts
So I'm 5'10" and 170lbs. Would I be alright on a 153?

I can't find the sizing info on salomon's website.
im exactly the same size as you and got a 155 should be showing up on my doorstep today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts