Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've been snowboarding for 10 years, my style is mainly all mountain I like to charge down the black and double blacks, make my own trails in trees, occasionally hit the park if its on my way down. After going to my local shop, I have been deciding between the Now IPO (2013-2014), Burton Genesis (2013-2014) and the Burton Cartel (2014-2015). I currently have 7 year old Burton freestyles so anything is a step up. I was told that the IPOs give a more surfy feel, the Genesis are about the same while the Cartels are for more aggressive riders.
Whats your guys opinion?? I'm down to learn about other bindings as well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea its tough. I would probably have to go to a store with my boot to try out the fit before deciding

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm riding this years Cartels. Not too stiff and definitely not soft either....just hit that sweet spot - good for pretty much anything you want to throw at them. I'm very pleased with these bindings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm riding this years Cartels. Not too stiff and definitely not soft either....just hit that sweet spot - good for pretty much anything you want to throw at them. I'm very pleased with these bindings.
Hi!

Do you mean with this year 2014 or 2015 model? I am looking bindings for my new NS proto HD board, would like to have kind of all a round bindings (not too soft nor too stiff) and based your comments Cartel could be good?

I am mainly riding:
- groomers
- powder
- and small jumps & tricks time to time

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 on Cartels

I have 14' Cartels love em

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi!

Do you mean with this year 2014 or 2015 model? I am looking bindings for my new NS proto HD board, would like to have kind of all a round bindings (not too soft nor too stiff) and based your comments Cartel could be good?

I am mainly riding:
- groomers
- powder
- and small jumps & tricks time to time
I am riding the most current year's bindings - I guess you'd call them the 2015's. They are band new - only had them a month and a half or so. I ride everything like yourself and haven't been let down once yet.

If you research and talk to people, you'll find that Cartels are pretty much universally liked by most people who ride them. My local shop guys, who aren't in it for any hidden agenda, recommended them to me as a do-it-all binding and they were right IMO. That said, I've ridden Union/Flux/Now and they have great gear also - wouldn't hesitate to recommend them either. Best binding is the one that works for you and gives you confidence on the board - doesn't matter the brand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am riding the most current year's bindings - I guess you'd call them the 2015's. They are band new - only had them a month and a half or so. I ride everything like yourself and haven't been let down once yet.

If you research and talk to people, you'll find that Cartels are pretty much universally liked by most people who ride them. My local shop guys, who aren't in it for any hidden agenda, recommended them to me as a do-it-all binding and they were right IMO. That said, I've ridden Union/Flux/Now and they have great gear also - wouldn't hesitate to recommend them either. Best binding is the one that works for you and gives you confidence on the board - doesn't matter the brand.
Thanks!! I will go with Cartels, now just need to decide color :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your guys input! I wish I could test out the Now Drives and the Burton Cartels to finalize my decision but I can't lol

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I thought the Drives would be too stiff so I picked up a set of this years NOW Select bindings and am really happy with them. Def go with some NOWs you won't regret it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts