Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Second hand binding recommendations

427 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Donostio
Any recommendations for second-hand bindings please?

I have been riding a Rome Solution board (for 15 plus years...) quite flexi, with some old Burton Mission 2006 bindings (both new when I got them!). The high backs broke (I had one replaced with a Triad in resort, but the other has gone now) so I've got some slightly later Mission bindings to replace them (still the block and lever for forward lean, rather than twisting part).

I've also bought a second-hand Never Summer board, it's a couple of centimetres longer than my other board and significantly stiffer so I'm looking for some slightly more recent bindings which are a bit stiffer say 6-8.

I don't go in the park. Mostly bombing along on piste trying to keep up with my skiing friends... I know. I also enjoy powder of course (not exactly back country but in-between the pistes, a bowl etc) and maybe once in awhile try the board-X for fun.

It seems that anything after the twist forward lean on Burton has got similar family of tech (on massive leas forward in last 7-8 years). Custom is softer than Mission and Cartel (though got much in it judging by reviews). Union have soem good stiffer options, and K2.

Many thanks for any advice
See less
Reactions: timmytard
Any recommendations for second-hand bindings please?

I have been riding a Rome Solution board (for 15 plus years...) quite flexi, with some old Burton Mission 2006 bindings (both new when I got them!). The high backs broke (I had one replaced with a Triad in resort, but the other has gone now) so I've got some slightly later Mission bindings to replace them (still the block and lever for forward lean, rather than twisting part).

I've also bought a second-hand Never Summer board, it's a...
See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Since your talking 2nd hand bindings… the only relevant factor would be whats available for sale in your area…

Easy to say just slap on Rome DODs, Burton Cartels, Union Atlas or K2 Lien ATs… as those bindings pretty much work with all boards.

But if those aren’t available for sale near you… then it’s all kind of moot…

· Registered
418 Posts
If you don’t mind a more locked in feel and a rougher ride (should have damp boots), I‘d look for Flux. With the one piece chassis (no heel loop adjustment), there’s just less to loosen and less to go wrong. The bolts are all tool-less as well. Mine have stood up really well… not a bunch of foam to deteriorate either (hence the ride).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts